Author Topic: ignition sealer - waterproofing your scooter!!  (Read 2429 times)

SeanOaloha

• View Profile
ignition sealer - waterproofing your scooter!!
« on: November 22, 2009, 09:46:40 PM »
Hey ALL - just wanted to mention to everybody that today I took the scooter apart and sprayed ignition sealer on all my wire connections and open metal also the battery posts and cdi connections, the sealer leaves a thin layer of waxy stuff when you bspray it and protects from moisture or arcing, I was having problems daily with my turn signal arcing and now, even in a heavy rain test drive, no problems!!! I would sell this to anybody, it will save you fuses and replacement of bulbs and will also give you one less headache!! you can buy it at any auto shop!! ALOHA   Thanx for the ADVICE you guys!!
MAHALO FOR YOUR ALOHA!!

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: ignition sealer - waterproofing your scooter!!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 10:48:55 PM »
Good tip!  I need to get some to do mine now.  My turn signal has really been acting up this last week!  It is making that arcing noise most of the time when I push the button.  I can usually get it to work by wiggling the switch, which makes me think that the arcing is occuring inside the switch itself.  Is this what yours was doing?  Did spraying that stuff just on the connector behind it solve the problem?

SeanOaloha

• View Profile
Re: ignition sealer - waterproofing your scooter!!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 12:40:42 AM »
Need more road time to find out but I did spray into the swtch!!
MAHALO FOR YOUR ALOHA!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()