Author Topic: PEOPLE 50 REBIRTH  (Read 4745 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: PEOPLE 50 REBIRTH
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 12:52:22 AM »
Try Benji at http://www.treatland.tv/

You'll save on the base price, and mention the forum for another 10% off. Tell him Zombie says hi!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

spencerlrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 03:10:01 AM »
Can anyone recommend some carbon reeds and where to purchase them from? im worried about buying something that isn't compatible

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2015, 03:51:19 AM »
Best bet is to buy a Boysen blank, and cut your own. Any dirt bike shop or site carries them. 0.025 is good for low end torque, 0.030 - 0.035 is good for all around, 0.040 is drag bike.

After you cut them use Epoxy to seal the raw edges. A q-tip is fine to apply it, just be SURE to wipe it all off the faces.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

spencerlrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 03:39:47 PM »
Best bet is to buy a Boysen blank, and cut your own. Any dirt bike shop or site carries them. 0.025 is good for low end torque, 0.030 - 0.035 is good for all around, 0.040 is drag bike.

After you cut them use Epoxy to seal the raw edges. A q-tip is fine to apply it, just be SURE to wipe it all off the faces.

dang zombie you sure do know a lot

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2015, 08:34:43 PM »
Not really. I don't post on the "Balance your Budget" forum , and I'm banned from the "How to keep a wife" forum. I suggested either under the bed, with a blow dryer for air or in a large chest freezer.

I do know a little about engines tho.

spencerlrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2015, 05:14:47 AM »
I do know a little about engines tho.
thats what im counting on bc i need some more advice..

installed my technigas next r pipe today and it runs great with it, got a nice little bit of performance from replacing the gunked up stock pipe..

i then removed the carb, hit it with carb cleaner, and reassembled it (minus a tiny washer that would fit on the tip of a pen bc i couldn't figure out where it came from) with a 85 main jet and 45 slow jet.. +10 in size on each from the originals which were 75 and 35.. the plan was to back them down until i got a good spark plug reading and it felt/sounded right..

went to start it up.. but it wont.. using the electric starter or the kickstarter will cause the scoot to come on but then proceed to rev extremely high and then shut off.. no throttle is being applied when it revs out it just does it on its own.. any help?? im gonna put the 75 and 35 size jets back on tomorrow to see if that gets it started

spencerlrsn

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2015, 07:17:02 PM »
ok update - i changed the jets out the stock ones today and realized that the throttle cable/valve thing on thats on top of the carb wasn't slid in all the way, which i know corrected..

the scooter will start now with the help of some starter fluid, but cant hold the idle and will die.. trying to keep the revs up by giving it some throttle doesnt help either.. i am know curious about the auto bystarter or auto choke, or whatever people call it, is installed properly since i unscrwed the plate that holds it down to take off the carb.. also the tiny washer that fell out of the carb is unsettling too...

any words of wisdom???

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()