Author Topic: factory Windshield attachment questions...  (Read 4854 times)

big blue

• View Profile
Re: factory Windshield attachment questions...
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 01:57:03 PM »
Papa, I got it from Amazon. It is called the "Traffic" model on the Puig website. Puig has a distributor in Florida. ;)
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2015, 10:17:08 AM »
Papa, I got it from Amazon. It is called the "Traffic" model on the Puig website. Puig has a distributor in Florida. ;)
When installing the Puig do the two rubber boots that come at the base of the mirror stems get reinstalled; or do they just get removed to allow for the windscreen's hardware?
Have to do something soon, ate a bug yesterday :(

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2015, 02:18:08 PM »
The 2 rubber boots on the mirrors get re-installed to cover the mounting hardware. It does leave the holes in the handle bar cover open. I have not noticed much outside dirt getting in through these gaps. I had thought about putting some grommets on to fill the gap but now it seems not to be a concern.

atxscooterguy

• Two Wheels is Better than Four
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2015, 11:35:23 AM »
Just an update, I applied Loctite to everything and let the bike sit for a day, took it out on a back highway and cruised at speeds around 50-60 mph. I have no more "head shake" with my full face helmet on, the ride is noticeably quieter and I can hear the engine rpm's easier, I think I may have dropped 1-2 mph on the top end, but we don't "like" taking these little scoots that fast anyways. After all the adjusting and tightening down, I found it difficult to get the windscreen in the perfect position, there's a larger gap between the top of the headlight and the bottom of the windscreen than I would like, but it also allows for more airflow. I've noticed that while riding at night, the windscreen seems to glow around the edges which is kind of annoying, but again, I think that's how its situated on the bike. But overall it has increased my comfort on my 12 miles commute to work in the morning! And that's what I bought it for! Comfort!
'89 Honda CBR 600
'14 Kymco Like 200i

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2015, 02:41:17 AM »
Papa- I think the model number of mine is 5670W. I don't know if 4873H is taller or shorter but the hardware kit looks like the same set. I would try calling their Florida location. They are very helpful. The H or W at the end indicates smoked or clear version.  ;)

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 05:31:48 PM »
Hello again Papa- I checked the size of my wind screen and it does match the size of the one in the link you provided.

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2015, 09:48:29 PM »
Hello again Papa- I checked the size of my wind screen and it does match the size of the one in the link you provided.
Thanks! I will make up my mind soon. Decisions, Decisions :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()