Author Topic: factory Windshield attachment questions...  (Read 4849 times)

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
factory Windshield attachment questions...
« on: June 12, 2015, 02:40:24 PM »
I tried searching, maybe I'm not that adept at using the forum search function? I didn't see too much on windshields (specifically for the Like 200i).

I went on the Kymcousa.com page for accessories and saw the three they offer, all 16" by 14" and a price tag of $137...

The dollars aren't too terrible, but there wasn't an info as to the mounting method.

I saw windshield mounting videos on youtube (for other scooters), where the mirrors get unscrewed and then the windshield hardware gets mounted from the mirror holes. The addition of a thin brake to the mounting area then allows for the mirrors to be mounted to that. Didn't care for the look. The brackets didn't look very solid; and the 2015 Like 200i has these nice rubber boots where the mirror stem meets the body of the scooter. I don't think the boots would be compatible with the windshield mounting hardware (less weather protection at the mounting point). Not a huge deal, but I was wondering if anyone has used the Factory Windshield on their Like 200? Or if they have a better option (for windshield) on their Like?

bucray

• forever young
    • View Profile
Re: factory Windshield attachment questions...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 05:17:17 PM »
After a bad experience with Scooterville Minn., I went to old reliable JC Whiteney, and ordered a Slipstreamer which received good reviews on the forum.  I have a People GTI300.
I'll post pictures and opinions when I receive and mount it.

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 10:41:28 PM »
After a bad experience with Scooterville Minn., I went to old reliable JC Whiteney, and ordered a Slipstreamer which received good reviews on the forum.  I have a People GTI300.
I'll post pictures and opinions when I receive and mount it.

LOL, I have given that company (JC Whitney) a lot of money over the years. Should have thought of it myself.
Would love to see your photos after installation.

atxscooterguy

• Two Wheels is Better than Four
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 12:39:07 PM »
Givi makes a pretty sweet one, although it may require removal and integration of your turn signals. Revzilla sells it. Givi 6102a. I'm still on the fence about buying it. I live in Texas, and it gets HOT. Very hot, and humid. So holding off for now.
'89 Honda CBR 600
'14 Kymco Like 200i

mystika

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 07:40:27 PM »
There is another thread for this topic (I'm not good at searching either) and one person suggested the Puig. I ordered it and am going to pick it up tomorrow. Like 200i version---it's a shorter shield, comes in clear or grey. They also have a full-sized one, available in clear or grey as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 11:16:12 AM »
There is another thread for this topic (I'm not good at searching either) and one person suggested the Puig. I ordered it and am going to pick it up tomorrow. Like 200i version---it's a shorter shield, comes in clear or grey. They also have a full-sized one, available in clear or grey as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Post a photo when you get a chance:)

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 10:49:46 AM »
Take a look at Columbia scooter and see what they have
ALL STOCK

atxscooterguy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 11:47:57 AM »
Any pics yet of windshields?  :D :D :D
'89 Honda CBR 600
'14 Kymco Like 200i

atxscooterguy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 01:03:39 PM »
Ok, received the Prima windshield this weekend and decided to slap it on. First impression was that it was a little too wiggly for me, so I'm taking everything off again and reinstalling with Loctite before I take it out on the road, but so far for $79 and free shipping this has been the best deal I've found on a universal windshield. I'll update more when I take it out for a test spin.
'89 Honda CBR 600
'14 Kymco Like 200i

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 03:19:24 PM »
Ok, received the Prima windshield this weekend and decided to slap it on. First impression was that it was a little too wiggly for me, so I'm taking everything off again and reinstalling with Loctite before I take it out on the road, but so far for $79 and free shipping this has been the best deal I've found on a universal windshield. I'll update more when I take it out for a test spin.
ATXScooterGuy Where are the mirrors? I am so old I can't tell how you put the mirrors back on?
How did the Lactate do? Less Wiggle?
Thanks for putting up the photo...

atxscooterguy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 03:22:54 PM »
Sorry for the horrible photo, here's the link from scooterworks on how to install this particular windscreen.

Their instructions explain it better than I can. It took a lot of wiggling around and adjusting just to get it on. Loctite will be applied tonight :)

http://www.scooterworks.com/filebin/images/instructions/WSPRIMA1.pdf

'89 Honda CBR 600
'14 Kymco Like 200i

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 04:49:39 PM »
Mystika, Here is s pic of the Puig windshield installed on my Like. It has been on for about 18 months and has been both durable and effective for streamlining.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 10:19:34 PM »
Mystika, Here is s pic of the Puig windshield installed on my Like. It has been on for about 18 months and has been both durable and effective for streamlining.
Man ! Thatsa nice-a look-a scooot!
Keemco?
They make-a nice-a stufff.....says my brother Luigi.
He knows these things.
Carlo....
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 02:41:24 AM »
That looks perfect! I want that Puig on my scoot!

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 03:06:03 AM »
Big Blue, where did you buy the Puig windscreen?
Thanks!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()