Author Topic: What are performance benefits of high flow filter/bigger main jet? (vs stock)  (Read 1482 times)

chancellor

• View Profile
Love this forum! got my 2012 Agility 50 4t used with 150 mi last month and this place showed me how to get through the full derestrict myself (cut cdi, smooth drive boss, #82 main jet), and now im getting oh so deeply obsessed. ive got a 1.5k torque spring and am looking into clutch springs, 7g dr p sliders, race variators, etc. but im unsure on what to do about the air filter.

What benefits in performance can I expect from removing the stock air box and installing a high flow air filter alongside a larger main jet? Does the larger flow of air and fuel into the engine translate into torque?

Worth noting that I live in Seattle, which leaves me in need of a filter that can handle the wet. I'd been planning on keeping the stock air box due to the inevitable rain but its summer now and this forum murdered my self control so I want my A50 to purrr     

karhumies98

• View Profile
Original filter is best i think

Lähetetty minun SM-N9005 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

karhumies98

• View Profile
Baotian (Almost same) best air box even to 70-90cc 4t is original

Lähetetty minun SM-N9005 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Hes right, stock airbox for the win!!! Specially in Seattle (I live in Portland!)
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
I live in Fl, and we get the monsoon season. An air box is a must.

What I did was drill two 1" holes in the back of the air box cover, and re-jet acordingly.

The holes are placed on the flat section facing rear like tail pipe holes. It works far better than any "Pod" filter has, and rain is not an issue.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

chancellor

• View Profile
looks like im keeping the air box then.

Thanks for the idea zombie, drilling out the flat side of the box sounds intriguing. With the two 1" holes you drilled what jet size did you end up at? And did you add any extension tubing out of the holes or did you leave them be?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Just left them because the box slopes down there, and the drain is right below the holes.

I've ridden thru downpours, and puddles 3" deep with no problem. Same for steady rain, and 3-4 miles to work or home.

My jetting wont apply tho. Too many other mods.  You should be 85-87 as is, and I would say 90-95 is fine with no other mods. Probably 95 if you drill the back of the muffler too.

You can drill 6) 1/2" holes in a circle around the existing outlet. It gives a slightly better sound, (not loud), and allows for better breathing.

The good thing is all of these holes can be fiber-glassed over if you have to close them up for any reason.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()