Author Topic: Sliders for the Movie  (Read 628 times)

Driller

• View Profile
Sliders for the Movie
« on: June 23, 2015, 06:58:53 PM »
Just installed a new belt, air filter and replaced the original rollers with Dr Pulley Sliders. The scoot has 6600 miles on it. The old belt was well within spec as measured. The rollers were pretty beat up. A little freshening of the clutch bell and pads was needed as well. I chose to go with the same weight (13gm) as stock rollers rather than the 10% lighter normally called for.
Acceleration off the line and roll on feels the same according to my seat of the pants dyno. No disappointment there as the bike is pretty "revvy" anyway.
Top speed increased a couple of mph. Any improvement there is welcome. Aparantly, the final gearing holds the bike close to a true 60mph. at red line of 9k. As strong as this scoot runs it is surprising 65+ is not  delivered.
I may try going lighter with the slider weight just to see if there is a difference.
Overall, this is my favorite scooter in the 125-150 class. Kymco hit it out of the park with the Movie.
I call it the "TFM". Tangerine Fun Machine. 😊
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 07:01:28 PM by Driller »

2wheelfun

• View Profile
Re: Sliders for the Movie
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 07:54:15 PM »
Movie 150 just might be the best stock 150 out there, great storage, looks awesome and rides like a bat out of hell. Greatest feature is going up hills you don't bog down you just keep on doing 50 mph or so. Those extra ponies matter. I'm going to miss mine.

Driller

• View Profile
Re: Sliders for the Movie
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 01:15:16 AM »
Well, I gave the new belt and rollers a good test today. Spent most of the day on the scoot putting 225 miles on the clock. About 130 miles were on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Fantastic riding! Yes, those extra ponies came in handy when dealing with some steep grades (some were 9%) climbing up to the Parkway. I did get bogged down to 40 in some places but most of the time the Movie was just purring along. It was doing so well, I'm tempted to head North towards Roanoke for an overnighter next week.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()