Author Topic: BigDam Yellow NOLAN  (Read 4263 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
BigDam Yellow NOLAN
« on: June 26, 2015, 09:15:55 PM »
Been looking for a hi viz modular helmet that would fit my bigdam head and not crush my spectacles for 2 yrs.
Found this XXXL Nolan in cab yellow and decided to give it a chance.
It is lighter than my white HJC, fits as easily over my glasses as the HJC, has a drop down dark visor that misses my glasses & my even more bigdam nose, has a larger field of view, comes with a Pinlock and has removable chin and neck pads for summer wearing.
And it fits as well as my XXXXL HJC, which is a good thing -- because this Nolan comes no bigger than 3X.
The Nolan cost more than my HJC.....but these can be found at big mark-downs as they are not THE latest thing in Nolans.
I no longer have to carry painter's tape for a visor...or freeze my corneas on 2 degree F. days with my visor cracked open to prevent fogging.
Nolan still seems a funny name for an Italian. Sounds like a guy from N.J.

Some people complain that the quick release buckle won't work with helmet straps on a bike.
Just put it through the loop before the buckle....works the same.
I took it for a 1/2 hr test run in a driving rain this morning. This new helmet works fine for me.
Stig
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:07:12 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

beermak

• View Profile
Re: BigDam Yellow NOLAN
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 09:29:26 PM »
Just got a nolan n44 myself.. but in silver. In that yellow ull blend with a cab in downtown buenos aires!
Great buy.. its my top 3 helmet brands

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 10:08:12 PM »
Just got a nolan n44 myself.. but in silver. In that yellow ull blend with a cab in downtown buenos aires!
Great buy.. its my top 3 helmet brands
That's funny.
We DID have a cab here in my town a few years ago.
We have a bus now (2 of them) - they run a couple of hours a few days a week and get you with a few miles of your destination, often.
When it snows and I can't ride my scooter that is how I get home from work.... Good cardio.
Have been looking into buying a large goat. I am pretty handy - so can build a cart for the goat.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 10:50:10 PM »
You can let the goat wear your old helmet. I'd even pay to see the Picts.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 11:07:23 PM »
Been working on prototype of less expensive protective head gear - using neighbor's dog.
So far, I got nothing..........

Stig
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 07:00:39 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 01:34:56 AM »
So I assume you are denying everything... I do have a number for PETA!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 01:48:23 AM »
OK, Stig, how much? I finally gathered the courage to ask such a nosy question!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 01:53:08 AM »
google them... I did, and I can't breath right now...

I can buy 3 scoots, and a 12 pack for that.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 12:40:32 PM »
OK, Stig, how much? I finally gathered the courage to ask such a nosy question!

Karl
Hey Karl,
$279.00, free shipping. This was a good find (new box, etc., did not look like it was a floor model) - as $308 is a good price now, for this helmet which orig. sold for $450 when introduced about 3 yrs ago..
The revzilla review sold me on this helmet(they are sold out) . Main points for me: XXXL size (fits like my XXXXL HJC), bright color, intermediate oval shape (too many are 'round', which does not work with my oval head - crushing pressure on forehead avoided), modular to clear my glasses (I cannot get my glasses on AFTER putting on any helmet  - I tried for 3 days - will break my frames), weight, aero shape, 2 shell sizes, bigger field of vision, comes with PinLock for my winter & wet riding. 5 yr warranty.

Most modulars do not go to larger sizes for my head.....few that do often have partial graphics so are not 100% yellow.

Don't like: the HJC opener release button is bigger & easier to use.....though this 2-part release IS probably safer, which was the point I guess.

A pleasant surprise was the flip down dark inner visor - figured it would hit my glasses like all the others did - and would never use it. I does not touch my glasses ! so no more painters tape under the seat.
I've been wearing it around the house. This cab yellow along with my new Hawaiian parrot shirt is stunning.
Stig

« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:03:32 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 03:56:21 PM »
Boogie Down in Florida!

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 04:33:45 AM »

This is the one ive got.. hope it works like it does for me.

Now i should get this to match hehehe

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 10:56:52 AM »
Beermak when I bought my KLX250S the dealer offered me a Honda CB 500 he just bought from a Honda auction for $4500 + tax out the door, cash. It was a tempting offer because that's a crazy price on a new 14 model. No regrets, I wanted a dual purpose bike and was set on it. I'm sure there's some versys bikes out there left over from 13/14 model years. That's where you find the deals. Most m/c dealers won't budge on current model years off the MSRP in my experience. I had 3 weapons I kept hammering away to the salesman and the GM to get the best price. 1 was it's new old stock and they haven't sold it and they're paying interest every month on that bike. 2 cash deal. 3 was if I drive off of the lot and bike gets totalled the insurance company will only pay KBB value on the model year it is not MSRP or even close to it, so how can it be valued anywhere near MSRP. My argument won the day and I left with a bike.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 10:59:33 AM »
Got off topic on above post, Stig nice helmet. I like the way it's modular and you can choose to use it as a 3/4 with sun visor or a full face all in one.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 09:12:28 PM »
Let me ask a serious question about these modular helmets.

In a wreck, won't all that extra "hardware" fly apart? Does it really offer the same or similar protection as a full face?

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 09:46:00 PM »
2wf im in argentina.. a 2011/2 with 10k minon the clock is selling for 20k usd. Brand new its 30k's!
I wished i lived over there.. such a difference.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()