Author Topic: upgrading carb super 8 4t 2007?  (Read 894 times)

Nori

• View Profile
upgrading carb super 8 4t 2007?
« on: June 26, 2015, 11:01:14 PM »
im using polini variator and rpm limit removed using cdi trick
after 2 years running this setup , everything else is stock .. my scooter especially this year is running way slower than before
i changed the air filter , did the valve clearance , changed gear oil and engine oil the only thing i didnt is the carb cleaning
whats the stock 4t carb size ? and whats the size i should upgrade with this modifications
polini vario has 6.9gr rollers (just to be clear)
what do u suggest guys
thanks in advance

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: upgrading carb super 8 4t 2007?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 01:50:23 AM »
5-5gram rollers, or 7gram Dr. Pulley sliders.

OEM carb is 17mm, and you can get a replacement 20mm on Fleabay for like 30 bucks.

My guess is your cylinder is wearing out. Big Bore Kits are 50 bucks, and work great with the 20mm carb.
Also a Malossi Red control spring is the best 10 bucks you can spend.

If you can run a compression test it will tell what shape your cylinder is in. It should read around 140, and if it is 120 or less... replace it. New kits will read between 140, and 160ish
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Nori

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 12:46:49 PM »
but it has only 13.000 km and yeah it seems like the cylinder is wearing out i lost the compression if i kick start the starter stays down i have to manually get the kicker up..i thought rollers started to wear out , maybe they're wearing out too
and after 4 years i think its the time to sell it and i dont know how to feel about this :/
the speedometer cable went out for the second time , my regulator went out too after a year after replacement.
and now cylinder wearing out after just 13.000 km maybe super 8 is the most beautiful scooter out there but im kinda disappointed with kymco brand
also im having trouble with a cousin xciting 500 it consumes 5 liter for 50kilometer

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 01:29:07 PM »
It's all in the maintenance Nori.

Oil changes, air, and fuel filters, spark plugs...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()