Author Topic: Well, I kept the LIKE200i but....  (Read 5695 times)

Doc Wheezer

• Silently riding armed through the Mojave Desert.
    • View Profile
Re: Well, I kept the LIKE200i but....
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 04:05:05 AM »
Congratulations on your New BURGMAN

I'm pretty sure you'll love it.

I hope to see you logged in over at  BURGMANUSA.COM

Take Care,

Doc
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 03:18:24 PM by Doc Wheezer »

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 10:32:01 AM »
Very tempted to ride my Forza over here to Tim Horton this morning as I await the delivery of the Burgman......but Forza is sold and keeping away from Murphy's law! So it stays parked. LOVE that scooter....wonderful color, super fun.
Zombie, the Mrs Stig decided I seem to be having too much when I ride off on the Forza....caught her trying on my son's helmet.....
She wants to come with me.
Forza load limit is only slightly more than my LIKE200i.....Burgman will easily carry both of us on my backroads rides ( ain't never going to see the Stig on an interstate)
Also, going from a LIKE200i to a 9 Large Burgman was not going to happen until I learned to take distant rides at speed, something I still won't do on the LIKE200i.
The Forza showed me it was possible and fun.
I'm past full SS age....and hope to ride off into my sunset yrs with my Cutie......but ain't retiring as long as my daughter is in Christian school ,(you ever seen the payments for that!?)
OK, sun is coming up so time to put the visor down and go wax the Forza for the new owner tomorrow.
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 03:50:44 PM »
Now I got it!

That's a nice thing you are doing for her. Bigger bike, and all

I always kept a shovel, and bag of lime next to a tarp in the living room. Just a reminder who is really the boss in my house. I would have told her to go ride on her boyfriends bike, but that's just me.

You're one of the good guys Stig! Kudos!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 04:01:40 PM »
You GO, Stig! Maybe you 'n yours and me 'n mine could make that ride soon!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2015, 07:02:38 PM »
I have no personal experience with the Burgman beyond sitting on one and riding with others who had one.  I can say that it is a roomy bike with plenty of space for two people and that the underseat storage is supposed to be the most of any scooter including the Burgman 650.  Posts from Burgman 400 owners are pretty much all positive.  I'm sure it will be great for some two up rides. 

There are a few issues I have read about such as the stock windscreen but the good thing about this scooter is that it's been out for a while and there is plenty of aftermarket support. 

I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2015, 03:47:18 PM »
Now I got it!

That's a nice thing you are doing for her. Bigger bike, and all

I always kept a shovel, and bag of lime next to a tarp in the living room. Just a reminder who is really the boss in my house. I would have told her to go ride on her boyfriends bike, but that's just me.

You're one of the good guys Stig! Kudos!

I have a very large,hidden, lime-filled hole in the backyard for The Hubby.He doesn't know where it is, so....

Actually, just hit 20 year milestone on Wednesday ...AND... he is STILL alive !! ( Well, for now, anyway ). ;)
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2015, 01:20:19 AM »
I know how Vampires work. You have to keep that "blood bag" handy.

You all (vampires) might have the rest of them fooled but not zombies... we know.

Congrats on the 20 years!!! I'm on 7or 8, and haven't seen her in 6-7. Three marriages combined didn't total 20.

Maybe I should have dug a secret hole instead?  Who knows... F it! I like the dogs better.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2015, 01:00:20 PM »
I know how Vampires work. You have to keep that "blood bag" handy.

You all (vampires) might have the rest of them fooled but not zombies... we know.

Congrats on the 20 years!!! I'm on 7or 8, and haven't seen her in 6-7. Three marriages combined didn't total 20.

Maybe I should have dug a secret hole instead?  Who knows... F it! I like the dogs better.

Damn... thought we could fool Zombies, too .

Secret holes are great .  Dogs help with keeping the sanity thingy .
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2015, 12:55:33 AM »
Not to poo poo on your new purchase in fact I wish you lots of joy but.... I once asked my shop what scooter was the worst to work on and every guy said hands down it's the Burgman. I know motorcycle mechanic generally dislike working on scooters so if scooter mechanics hate it it's gotta be a pain. I hope it was just bias and not truth though. You might find out the up keep to be pricey.

Doc Wheezer

• Silently riding armed through the Mojave Desert.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2015, 03:09:32 AM »
The Burgman 400 is no harder to work on than than a Kymco xciting 500.
Both are the same basic design, twist and go, the Burgman just has more body panels to remove.
Once you move up to the Burgman 650, that one is a whole other can of worms.
Electrically controlled 6 speed transmission, auto mode, manual paddle shifter mode, power mode.

Ride Safe,

Doc

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 04:03:20 PM »
All this time I want a damn ride report on the burg Stig, capiche? Be sending you some lake Erie fishes in the mail if we don't hear sumptin soon!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2015, 03:11:06 AM »
All this time I want a damn ride report on the burg Stig, capiche? Be sending you some lake Erie fishes in the mail if we don't hear sumptin soon!

Don't bother sir... He eats them, and sends back the bones. Don't ask how I know this.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()