Author Topic: Fuel Filter Tutorial  (Read 3742 times)

Vision

• View Profile
Fuel Filter Tutorial
« on: July 18, 2015, 12:43:52 PM »
Can someone post a link to a good filter? There seem to be many and in various sizes.

Is it located under the seat bucket?

Do you need to clamp off the hoses before replacing?

jeeves

• Dubrovnik, Croatia
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel Filter Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 10:08:03 PM »
Can someone post a link to a good filter? There seem to be many and in various sizes.

Is it located under the seat bucket?

Do you need to clamp off the hoses before replacing?

Yes, it's under the plastic under the seat.

Any low pressure filter will be ok. I bought mine at my local gas station, don't even know what brand it was. That was 2 years ago. There is a arrow on it marking the direction of the fuel flow.
Get one the same size as the original.

As soon as you take the filter off the fuel line gas will start pouring out, so you need to pinch the fuel line or you will have gas all over your scoot.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 03:24:27 AM by jeeves »
Agility City 125

Vision

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 01:43:43 AM »
Are the fuel lines 1/4"?

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 02:35:18 AM »
Are the fuel lines 1/4"?

1/4 will work just fine, a little bit of a squeeze but does fit
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

atxgermanauto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 08:39:15 PM »
I just took mine off and got a slightly larger one with the same in-outlet size from vatozone
13' Kymco agilty 125

Vision

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 01:51:46 AM »
Well I failed at changing the fuel filter.

First, the agility oem fuel filter is much bigger than the "universal scooter" one I purchased.

Second, my agility 125 filter setup is unlike any youtube video on changing them. There is a plastic strap holding the filter tightly in place which slides onto a connection to the body. There is very little to no extra tubing to work with- it all makes a straight line. Then the hose clips which I assumed would be easy to open and close are stretched tight and won't open.

Am I the only one dealing with this? Looks like I'll be forced to have the dealer change it.

MrXT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 10:39:11 PM »
Well I failed at changing the fuel filter.

First, the agility oem fuel filter is much bigger than the "universal scooter" one I purchased.

Second, my agility 125 filter setup is unlike any youtube video on changing them. There is a plastic strap holding the filter tightly in place which slides onto a connection to the body. There is very little to no extra tubing to work with- it all makes a straight line. Then the hose clips which I assumed would be easy to open and close are stretched tight and won't open.

Am I the only one dealing with this? Looks like I'll be forced to have the dealer change it.

I had some super tight hose clips as well they were really difficult to get loose they are like thin wire wrapped around the hose but i managed to pull then up the hose with a pair of pliers to untighten them then swapped out the filter. Next time i do it i will likely just cut the hose just beyond the clips and replace the clips with better clamps like jubilee clips that tighten using a screw so they are easily removed and put back on This way iv only lost about 3 cm of hose.
Kymco agility city 125cc (2013)
4000km

stanleystankas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 10:53:11 PM »
nah you can do this!  if i can anyone can. 8)  have the agility 125 2009 usa and just wanted to blow some air spray thru the filter.  just vise grip the hose off up near where it leads from the tank to stop the fuel flow and then with a very small pair of needle nose pliers un-twist those little clips from both sides of the filter.  it will then just slip out or you can take it out by unfastening that rubber piece holding it down.  i just pitched those clips and used the screw down 1/4" hose clamps that you can get at the big box hardware stores for cheap.  easier to deal with and now it's an on and off for next time.  good luck and with patience i have wrenched many things on my little ride and saved a lot of $$$  in my major city they charge $50 just to change oil when i do it myself and the plug for under $10! ;D
2009 125 agility usa!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()