Author Topic: Puig windscreen  (Read 1263 times)

Groversmith

• View Profile
Puig windscreen
« on: July 26, 2015, 03:09:36 AM »
Not only did I replace the blown fuse, I finally installed the windscreen I bought a while back. I got the Puig 5670W Clear Windshield from amazon for $33. For some reason it's double that now. I gotta say Im impressed; not only did my max speed increase by 3-4mph, it seemed that I didnt have to lean on the throttle as much. I'll be eager to ride it at night to see if I stay a tad warmer.

Im attaching a pic of my installation, since the instructions were a little vague.

big blue

• View Profile
Re: Puig windscreen
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 02:29:17 PM »
Groversmith- You will definitely stay warmer because your core does not get a direct blast of air. The thing I liked about mine when installed it was the fact that I didn't have to lean forward onto the wind. It allows you to sit back so that your neck is not under strain all the time. You are correct about the instructions though, kind of a Chinese puzzle!  :D
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Groversmith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 03:18:19 PM »
Groversmith- You will definitely stay warmer because your core does not get a direct blast of air. The thing I liked about mine when installed it was the fact that I didn't have to lean forward onto the wind. It allows you to sit back so that your neck is not under strain all the time. You are correct about the instructions though, kind of a Chinese puzzle!  :D

I did stay a touch warmer. All around I'm very pro-windscreen. The only negative I can think of is the added hassle of making sure its tightened properly... well I also noticed I tend to crouch down behind it to get an extra scooch of aerodynamic efficiency. On the positive side: better gas mileage, less wear on the engine, fewer bugs in the chest, warmer ride.

And I actually think it makes the scooter look a little sleeker...

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 08:55:15 PM »
I did it this way. I preferred this, because the windshield came very close to the headlight and the handlebar.
The instructions are indeed a little vague...or even worse. :-/ I also had to figure out quiet a while.

Puig Windshield Mounting left side

Puig Windshield Mounting right side

Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()