Author Topic: The owner(s) of the store should know what their employees are doing...  (Read 4802 times)

2wheelfun

• View Profile
Re: The owner(s) of the store should know what their employees are doing...
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 06:12:23 AM »
Mscmkr, what the hell does that mean? Anyways, that's one of the fears of shipping a bike interstate. Getting damaged or[?]. If it were me I'd take pics and see what Heinen's is going to do about it. PIA I know but it should be a pristine new ride. That said, $2999 for a new GT300 is an unbelievable price. If a local dealer offered such a thing I might be riding one right now. Seems like the perfect scoot. I like that it still remains a step through but yet doesn't go into maxi scoot territory. 300cc's I'll bet is all the power you'll ever need too. Oh and it has 16in wheels, a HUGE difference in ride quality. What's your ride report on yours so far?.......................................

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 10:46:04 AM »
The biggest part of the problem is the dealers for the Japan scoots don't take a scooter sale seriously.
Just for sh**s and giggles I wonder if you would get an answer if you had inquired about a motorcycle.

Another reason I avoid cycle dealers for scooters.

AMAC
One of the biggest Stores in my area, the long time sales fellow knows nothing about Kymco... Rather bizarre having to explain the hierarchy of scooter manufacturers to someone that makes their living selling two wheel vehicles.

stanleystankas

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2015, 10:25:53 PM »
enjoyed reading thru this thread, guys.  thanks for all the insights.  i bought a little agility 125 on cl for $900 and am happier than a pig in slop!  so far so good and it's easy enough to do all the light wrenching and changing myself.  the reason i posted here is i think i may be looking for more power down the line, however can't really have a scooter collection.  compared to say a helix or an elite 250 old school honda what does kymco offer in that line?  i have no problem searching and getting a sharp deal or maybe like some of you guys i may have to use a dealer.  the ride papa describes sounds sweet!  happy scooting all!  keep 'em running right! ;D
2009 125 agility usa!

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2015, 10:31:55 PM »
Rumor has it Papa is going to marry a Sym and she weighs 200lbs.

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 02:56:48 AM »
What it means is, take the leap of faith and buy the bike! The small things wrong with mine are nothing to me. Like I said, I can buff them out and there gone. If it would have shown up with big things wrong then I would have dealt with Hienens and had them make it right. To me, saving $2000 is WELL worth the risk of having it shipped.
   This is my second GT. I loved the first one so much I bought another one. It's fast and smooth and an absolute blast to ride. It has plenty of power and it gets pretty descent gas mileage. I love riding it so much I was out on it today in 117 degree heat.
   You won't regret getting a GT it's a great bike! IMHO it's one of the best scoots on the market. And yes, 16 inch wheels make such a HUGE difference!
    Good luck, mscmkr

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 03:28:35 AM »
Mscmkr , What does your nn say or how do you pronounce it?

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2015, 04:51:20 AM »
Well you paid half price for new. You win scratch or no scratch. I see these stories and am asking for help. I paid more for a 2 year old used GT. NOBODY sells scoots for the prices yall talk about in KC. I look atleast 4 times a week and only find full price on old new stock, or millions of chinese clunkers. If i could find a new old stock tmax for half price i'd buy it faster than light.

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2015, 12:03:52 PM »
My nick is music maker. Mscmkr. Just took out the vowels.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 12:06:52 PM by Mscmkr »

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2015, 12:08:44 PM »
Well you paid half price for new. You win scratch or no scratch. I see these stories and am asking for help. I paid more for a 2 year old used GT. NOBODY sells scoots for the prices yall talk about in KC. I look atleast 4 times a week and only find full price on old new stock, or millions of chinese clunkers. If i could find a new old stock tmax for half price i'd buy it faster than light.
Yeah, well, I've bargained hard each time I bought a scooter....but you'll always read of others doing better. It is what it is in our areas of the globe. We do the best we can....then go riding! :-)
I'm 30 miles from home and the rain is coming faster than forecasted.....better finish this coffee and put the gloves on
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2015, 12:36:45 PM »
As Stig said, "but you'll always read of others doing better"...
I have this internal check point; when a deal makes me lean back, instead of in an aggressive forward lean (metaphorically speaking), I can write the check. It's not the absolute dollar point alone; it's a combination of things. I rarely go hunting for one specific model of  anything (car, truck, computer, motorcycle). I am after that feeling of "value" that sometimes would require a few paragraphs to explain. Truth is the warranty that accompanies most motorcycles/scooters isn't at the quality of a solid automobile warranty, or a good major appliance warranty. The new, doesn't necessarily mean the better. There are even varying degrees of quality within the same company, the same model and the same year. The part suppliers change, the assembly gets handled by a different crew or at a different facility. The whole thing is a bit of crapshoot. But in the end since I'm 15 (now 63) I have found a way to ride around on two wheels. Hopefully this can continue for for at least a few more years...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()