Author Topic: Identify the unused wires in the battery box?  (Read 1975 times)

underpoweredeasyrider

• 2013 Kymco Like200i Red
    • View Profile
Identify the unused wires in the battery box?
« on: August 14, 2015, 01:12:58 AM »
Hi all.  I have been tooling around these past weeks, easing my way up to the magic 1000 mile mark on my (new-to-me) 2013 Like 200i. It's color is give-me-a-ticket red ;D.

Today, I took off a few pieces to see if I could access the spark plug without taking off the seat bucket - answer: yes; just pop the front access panel.  Then I moved on to install a battery tender pigtail for later this winter when the scooter sits in the garage unused for a month or two.

That's when I saw these three cables sticking out. I am not sure if the photo I took will show up attached here as the preview does not show it.  There is a black one, next to a white one with two prongs and a green sleeved one.  Now, I see from a previous forum conversation, the larger black one is for the engine diagnostic hookup - but what are the other two stray wires for?

Also, I noted that the time clock on the instrument panel did not get reset when I unplugged the battery to do the pig tail.  I assume it has its own battery under the speedo area, right?
When a problem comes along, you must whip it!

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Identify the unused wires in the battery box?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 01:54:40 AM »
do you have a light in the seat box, that could be the wires for it    or a plug in for the cell phone

underpoweredeasyrider

• 2013 Kymco Like200i Red
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 02:01:44 AM »
Hi.  Thanks for the reply.

My scooter does not have a light fixture under the seat.  Maybe the LX version does?

I do have a built-in DC "cigarette lighter" outlet in the tiny glove box cavern.  As a matter of fact, I tried using it today with my cell phone and did not get to fully test it for ability because the glove box panel closes with the same key as the ignition.  So the scooter is off and (presumably not charging) when the box is open :-\

I will look into it a little further.

Ok - found another wire function - the green wrapped one (aka the pink wire) in my photo is called a "TPS/ISC reset wire" for purposes of resetting the engine check code computer.  This is per Stig, king of all things Kymco, in a previous thread about resetting codes.

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=11492.0

Now all I need to know is what the white two prong connector does and I can go to sleep tonight.   ;)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 04:06:24 AM by underpoweredeasyrider »
When a problem comes along, you must whip it!

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 07:05:51 AM »
I believe the black one is for the diagnostic tool connection. The other two I'll have to see if I can find some info. Stig may know. Stig, you out there?

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 01:04:27 PM »
Big black one is the kymco diagnostic connector. On kymco site you can read the schematic for the other 2. Accessories of some kind. My like didn't have an under seat light, maybe that's for just the LX model and why you pay more for it.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 01:24:07 PM »
Big black one is the kymco diagnostic connector. On kymco site you can read the schematic for the other 2. Accessories of some kind. My like didn't have an under seat light, maybe that's for just the LX model and why you pay more for it.
Naw, you pay $100 more for the LX because it goes  20mph faster, and has chrome f ish passenger grabbers and two tone paint, stereo ready fittings in the dash, seat warmer(if parked in the sun) and the secret email address of the KYMCO LX Tuners ( a black ops group of mechanics in a Taiwanese back room,
Out. On scoot right now will look this up and post if I get home
  some of whom speak English) 
I cannot say more on this......
Stig.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 03:52:24 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()