Author Topic: Looking to install big bore kit sometime soon!  (Read 5440 times)

dirtyd

• View Profile
    • Scooter Invasion
Looking to install big bore kit sometime soon!
« on: December 10, 2009, 07:54:39 PM »
I'm looking into my options with a big bore kit, and was just curious what others have tried on their Agility 50. 
I would like to go to an 85cc kit I've seen, but I don't think it would be worth the price difference between that and a72cc kit.

Has anyone tried the 85cc kit from Naraku, and I hear there's an 81cc kit from Airsal, but I'm having trouble finding it.

If I go to an 85cc kit, would a performance exhaust and bigger carb be necessary?

If anyone has had some experiences with the bigger than 72cc kits, maybe you could let me know what kit you used?

Thanks!
Daniel
----------------------
'06 SYM Jet Euro X 50
'09 Agility 50

flextrainer

• View Profile
Re: Looking to install big bore kit sometime soon!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 08:33:19 PM »
I have the 72cc kit ( my second one) and the difference is huge. I heard that the 85cc kit is hard on the crankshaft bearings. You won't need a bigger carb, but opening up the intake and exhaust helps a lot. I also put a performance trans. kit and the two together made a world of difference. What are you looking for? Daily driver? Top speed, good cruise speed, or great acceleration? I have experimented a lot and can help you with more info.

Dr. Moto

• www.Enviromoto.com
    • View Profile
    • Enviromoto
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 09:56:50 PM »
Anything larger than a 72cc will be fun for about 1000 miles before it eats your crank bearings for lunch. The 139QMB Crank is setup for a 72cc as thats what most of the world besides the USA runs.

Thats why I sell a complete kit that will upgrade your scooter and still keep it reliable. I have over 2 years of R&D with this engine and have cases on the shelf with bad bearings after customers upgraded to 82cc kits (purchased from other shops).

http://enviromoto.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3956702

Now if your into racing and want only the best then Polini has what your looking for.

http://enviromoto.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=6127739

Dont forget all forum members that pm me their info after ordering get 10% off and everyone gets FREE SHIPPING!

Get 10% off your order by using code "Kymcoforum" in Google Checkout.

Dr. Moto

• www.Enviromoto.com
    • View Profile
    • Enviromoto
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 09:59:14 PM »
If I go to an 85cc kit, would a performance exhaust and bigger carb be necessary?

You can use your stock carburetor but a performance cam, free flow air filter, up jet, and exhaust will help dramatically.
Even on a stock motor.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 12:11:45 AM »
A quick question on why! Is there a difference in the compression ratio on the 2 kits? That is the only reason I can see for a reduction in reliability. Maybe the extra force(torque) from the FEW extra cc's. I have worked on all sorts of engines for 38+ years, and do know MANY are marginal at BEST! Just curious about the Diff. in these 2 set-ups! Are there bearings that will allow the larger jug to work? Or is it more of an enough is enough deal?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Dr. Moto

• www.Enviromoto.com
    • View Profile
    • Enviromoto
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 04:01:46 PM »
I think they put cheap bearings on the cranks to start with and anything larger than 72cc due to the extra power they make just burns them up.

dirtyd

• View Profile
    • Scooter Invasion
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 07:24:32 PM »
Maybe I should just leave it alone and buy something different to play with, while keeping a reliable scoot for transportation. I've decided to try to get a Super 8 2T at the beginning of the year, if I can afford it.  With the right stuff that Super 8 would be amazing anyway.  If not I might still do the 72cc kit with the Agility, but I've decided to definitely not do the 85cc kit. 

Thanks for your input fellas!
Daniel
----------------------
'06 SYM Jet Euro X 50
'09 Agility 50

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 11:30:00 PM »
You might want to consider a Super 9. There is another post here stating it has been moved to the NON current model section of the Kymco web site. My 04 Super Fever is worth almost as much now as when it was new, and I believe it is because it to was discontinued. There is a muuch bigger market for the 9 so I believe it to will more than hold it's value! I have a '78 Honda nc/50 that I use as a "back up" and a West Coast Choppers frame with another nc/50 engine installed on that. If you do decide to mod the Agility it is always a good idea to have a "back up".
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

dirtyd

• View Profile
    • Scooter Invasion
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 05:44:37 AM »
Well, I decided to put a performance air filter on the agility today, so i got a jet kit and went to it.
I should have left it alone.  After trying a 98 the damn thing cut off when I was doing plug chop and won't start back.  had to push it home a damn half mile.  idk if the 98 was too lean and i blew it up or what.  98 too lean?

I'll start a thread on it.
Daniel
----------------------
'06 SYM Jet Euro X 50
'09 Agility 50

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 06:42:58 PM »
Depends on the carb. manuf. how the jet is rated. If you can do a quick compression test on it, that may tell you something. Just pull the plug, and see what it looks like. If you were too lean the plug will be white and dry.   Here's a link I found on Scooter Invasion that may help.     http://www.dansmc.com/spark_plugs/spark_plugs_catalog.html

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()