Author Topic: 2010 Kymco 50CC Snorfiets Problems  (Read 694 times)

WafflesMcDuff

• View Profile
2010 Kymco 50CC Snorfiets Problems
« on: August 18, 2015, 03:01:08 PM »
I have a 2010 Kymco 50CC Snorfiets (limited to 25kph) that I bought used with 13,000 Kilometers on it.

Since I bought it I've been having problems.
Once the engine is warm, if I come to a stop (such as waiting for a traffic light), it stalls out.
Also, if I drive it in the rain, I have now twice had it stall out at a stop as above, but then it will not start.
    In these instances in the rain, the electric starter revs with no problem, but I feel no resistance on the kick start. The kicker just goes straight down.
After the first time it stalled out, the local repair shop picked me up. They cleaned the carburetor, adjusted a valve which they said had been previously adjusted while the engine was warm, which they said caused the problem. It stalled about 1km from the repair shop. So I brought it right back. They adjusted the idle screw and said it was fixed. Problem came back a few KM later.
I decided to just deal with it.
But then I got stranded in the rain again when It stalled and wouldn't start again.
This time they told me they had to replace a cylinder and a piston. They claimed it had been damaged by running without enough oil. I found this very strange, because I checked the oil levels when I stalled to see if that was the cause.
It did seem to run much better and the stalling seemed to have ceased. I proceeded to drive it home 17km.
I got within 1km of home, got to a red light and stopped. It stalled again.
I discovered that it didn't stall if it was up on its stand and did stall if the rear wheel was down and I held the brake for 30 seconds or so.
Now they're telling me the whole carb needs replacing. Are they just replacing parts and seeing what works and how many euros they can milk me for?
Help!

Oh and the other problem I'm having is a sticking needle on my speedometer. Sometimes it resets to 0. Usually it doesn't. But it never goes above 20kph. Shop tells me the whole instrument panel will have to be replaced and that it's going to cost me 150 Euros for the part plus labor. Doesn't seem worth it. Anyone know a way to fix the sticking needle without replacing the panel?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 03:02:51 PM by WafflesMcDuff »

blue

• View Profile
Re: 2010 Kymco 50CC Snorfiets Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 02:49:10 AM »
Sounds like a small air leak.Frist take the 2 bolds of on the manifold.Just befor the carb.and see if that is ok under neath that .make sure the carb and all place air can get in at is tight.But don't over thighten,maybe new gas lines and air lines.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()