Author Topic: Good $ for 2010  (Read 3403 times)

wkreps

• View Profile
Good $ for 2010
« on: August 21, 2015, 05:02:13 PM »
I'm looking at a 2010 500ri (no ABS) with 4500 miles on it at a dealer. Anyone that could give some insight on what a fair price would be I'd appreciate it.
Wayne

Jeopardy4100

• View Profile
Re: Good $ for 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 05:44:59 AM »
KBB says $2900 in excellent condition.  Mileage under 8500.  With the soft market and being August, probably closer to $2500 if mileage and condition are right.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 12:01:29 PM »
Its maint. records available?
Looking at a big jump there Wayne!
But, agree if you're stepping up...then don't step too small, so you only have to do it once.
Good luck buddy.
Regards, Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 02:04:39 PM »
At 4500 miles, it's just broken in good. $2500 to $2900 seems about right. Especially if you know and trust the dealer.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 03:48:07 AM »
Don't know the dealer. Not even a scooter dealer. Has the used 500Ri for $2995 and a 2001 Honda Reflex 250 with 22,000 miles for $995. Must have took them on trade for a Can-Am cause it looks like he's a dealer for those. Thanks for the help, I may stop by there this weekend as I'm going to be in his town (2.75 hrs away from me).
Wayne

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 04:09:38 AM »
So I went and looked at the scooter today. Some pics are below. 4400 miles and it felt like it ran good. He took 2 scooters on trade for a couple who wanted a CanAm Spyder. He admitted he has done nothing to them which I agree with because they weren't even cleaned up at all. It had been dropped and the paint on the side faring painted with red touch up paint that was kinda close to the original red. You can see it in one of the pics (the darker red is touch up). Most of the pics show the drop damage. I just think it was dropped and not wrecked because the scratching is so slight with the exception of the side faring. No cracks in the plastic either. The gas shock for the seat didn't hold it up so getting in there you'd have to hold up the seat. Other than that it seemed OK. When I drove it, the buffeting wind made a chattering noise of my helmet (full face) as best I could tell. Is this a known issue with the stock windshield? I'm 6 foot tall so that height may have something to do with it. It seems like that could get pretty annoying on a long ride. Oil seemed ready for a change but not overly dark. I had a mounting for a GIVI box. The box was mounted to the other scoot that was traded in but the guy said, first person to buy one of the scoots gets the box. Never saw a key for it though. Supposedly it was on sale for $2995.00. I told him i didn't like to haggle and I wanted his rock bottom price, if it worked then I'd let him know (had to talk to the wife :) ) Here's how he laid it out:

Scoot: 2995
doc fee: 150
title: 95
Lic transfer: 25
Tax: 220.15
Total: 3485.15

He said he'd go out the door for 3000. This basically puts it at 2550 plus his fees to get it to 3000. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

KBB Retail $2910 Excellent cond
KBB Trade $1970

NADA Low Retail: $2,595
NADA Ave Retail: $3,415

I'd really like some people to chime in on what types of things I should look out for with this scoot. It will likely be the last scoot I get for some time and if there are some common issues to the Xciting 500 I'd like to be aware in advance so I know what I'm getting into. Thanks for your input and yes I have to sell my Super8 150 if I get this. Two scoots is not an option at this time.

Wayne

Doc Wheezer

• Silently riding armed through the Mojave Desert.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 08:21:50 PM »
I'm also six foot, the wind over that small windshield at 70-75 mph on a long ride was a pain. 
As far as price, they made their first offer of $3000 out the door.  How do you feel about that price?
Oh, by the way looking at the front wheel of the red 500 in your pictures, it has ABS.  It has the sensor disk on the wheel.  NOW DON'T TELL THE DEALER

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:58:06 PM by Doc Wheezer »

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 03:49:28 PM »
Make him a counter offer of 2300 plus fees. He knows the damage, and he is making a couple of hundred from doc fees, etc. If you buy it and like it, you will want to replace the damaged fairing. I did, so am thinking you will too. Both of my Xcitings were easy to fall in love with, and I wanted it to look good. replaced a couple of pieces, finder and fairing. Cost something like $400 total. I ride an 09 now with some custom features like seat, handlebars and stuff.

as far as buffeting at highway speeds, yes there is some with sport windscreen. It's good for looks, not so much for wind. You can replace it with the Kymco touring windscreen which sits higher. Givi makes one; some guys on the forum have that one. Living in s. Texas, i like the wind cause it gets hot here. I had the touring screen on my first Xciting, an 07. It did a good job of blocking the wind; great in winter, not so much in summer.

Enjoy the ride. A two-wheeled journey is an adventure.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 11:27:04 PM »
I'm also six foot, the wind over that small windshield at 70-75 mph on a long ride was a pain. 
As far as price, they made their first offer of $3000 out the door.  How do you feel about that price?
Oh, by the way looking at the front wheel of the red 500 in your pictures, it has ABS.  It has the sensor disk on the wheel.  NOW DON'T TELL THE DEALER

Well spotted, Doc!
Retail for the ABS is often $500.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Doc Wheezer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 12:57:48 AM »
Make him a counter offer of 2300 plus fees. He knows the damage, and he is making a couple of hundred from doc fees, etc. If you buy it and like it, you will want to replace the damaged fairing. I did, so am thinking you will too. Both of my Xcitings were easy to fall in love with, and I wanted it to look good. replaced a couple of pieces, finder and fairing. Cost something like $400 total. I ride an 09 now with some custom features like seat, handlebars and stuff.

as far as buffeting at highway speeds, yes there is some with sport windscreen. It's good for looks, not so much for wind. You can replace it with the Kymco touring windscreen which sits higher. Givi makes one; some guys on the forum have that one. Living in s. Texas, i like the wind cause it gets hot here. I had the touring screen on my first Xciting, an 07. It did a good job of blocking the wind; great in winter, not so much in summer.

Enjoy the ride. A two-wheeled journey is an adventure.

Do you have the link for the Kymco Touring Windshield?  The girl who bought my 500 xciting is looking for one, she doesn't like the Givi.

Thank you,

Doc

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 12:36:18 PM »
Good price, bike looks good (scuff here and there can be dealt with).
My dealer says he thinks the 500 is the Flagship of the Fleet. He likes the Downtown & the People, but he said they really put it all into the 500.

Doc Wheezer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 03:24:49 AM »
Sure has been quiet in central Illinois.

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 06:54:14 PM »
NEWS & NOTES

Well I took the $3000 deal. Took delivery 2 days ago and rode it the 150 miles home.

Oil Service light came on so it's due for an oil change which I will do it soon at the dealer.

Dealer told me today it does indeed have ABS (although light doesn't temporarily coming on when I start the scoot).

Cyclepedia Service Manual will be bought soon.

Pics and 1st impressions coming soon.

The Super8 150 is for sale. (will post that later)

Thanks everybody for the input. It was much appreciated.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 06:55:55 PM by wkreps »
Wayne

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2015, 08:42:30 PM »
Enjoy the 500!
I am betting you will :)

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 01:50:14 PM »
Confirmed that it doesn't have ABS. Bought the service manual and was trying to look it up and there is apparently a fuse for the ABS motor. Well this one doesn't have it so no ABS. Oh well wasn't counting on it but it would have been a nice bonus.
Wayne

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()