Author Topic: The new scooter is home...  (Read 3642 times)

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
The new scooter is home...
« on: August 21, 2015, 10:13:43 PM »
Fifty miles in on and off showers getting the Like to the dealer. Dried out while they were doing the paperwork on the trade and new bike.
The People GT 300i is just a wonderful machine. It is in a different class (than the Like). The little scooter did/does what she is supposed to do and does so well. But the GT 300 is in another league (as demonstrated by the price they command) First fifty miles was a joy, smiling the whole way home (even when it rained).
Updates as we move along.

GLV55

• View Profile
Re: The new scooter is home...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 05:32:56 AM »
Congrats on your new scooter! It sure looks like a fantastic ride! I'm more than a little jealous- always wanted a GT300 when I had my P150. Love those People scooters!
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 11:33:11 AM »
Outstanding!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 02:52:52 PM »
A link to some better photos of the new People GT (in the bright Florida Sunshine) :)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1898245710399738&set=pcb.1898246377066338&type=1&theater

There are five large photos there, click on the photo to advance from one to the next...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 07:20:02 PM »
A link to some better photos of the new People GT (in the bright Florida Sunshine) :)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1898245710399738&set=pcb.1898246377066338&type=1&theater

There are five large photos there, click on the photo to advance from one to the next...
Thanks for the nice pictures!
Geez, you weren't going into the Anytime Fitness were you!?
Bad enough we're riding scooters....to be seen going into a fitness center will get you beat up at the next Harley BBQ.
Nice looking scooter and helmet!
ride it safely, Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 11:01:49 PM »
Thanks for the nice pictures!
Geez, you weren't going into the Anytime Fitness were you!?
Bad enough we're riding scooters....to be seen going into a fitness center will get you beat up at the next Harley BBQ.
Nice looking scooter and helmet!
ride it safely, Stig
I am Vegan I will not be seen at a BBQ. Taught martial arts for a very long time (not easy to beat up).
Nope not the fitness store; Hank the Pug was out of his food. I was on a "Specialty Kibble Run"... Petco is just to the left, out of the pictures.

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 01:38:58 AM »
Nice shots of a very nice scooter! Still missing my People 150 because of you!
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 03:21:12 AM »
Ha I traded my Like for a People too.  Check your exhaust bolts.

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 09:37:52 AM »
Nice shots of a very nice scooter! Still missing my People 150 because of you!
Sorry, never want to cause pain for others :)

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 09:43:31 AM »
Ha I traded my Like for a People too.  Check your exhaust bolts.
Are you talking about the big black ones? If you are that's funny, because someone got a couple of yellow drops of something on and near the two black bolts the hold the exhaust. Don't know what it is; didn't see it when I picked the scooter up first time. Became evident to me when hooking up battery tender (they fed the pigtail connector out from a indentation near the floorboards going back towards the exhaust). I don't know if its lock a lock-tite or an anti seize or something that got splashed on it Not worth worrying about I may put a dot of black on them with a sharpie :)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 01:45:31 PM »
The factory uses some kind of yellow marker to show bolts have been torqued. Also serves as indicator when bolt starts to loosen.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 02:55:05 PM »
Yep, you might see a bit of color dabbed on just about every nut or bolt head on a scooter. It's not on the threads....just on the heads to prove something to the inspector down the assembly line. I'm always hoping that it actually means something was correctly assembled...  :-) when I see it everywhere on the scooters.  Probably does.
 ( I really like these scooter builders.......since I've never had a wing come off.)
Stig.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 03:12:20 PM »
Well then I won't color the yellow in with a black Sharpie :)

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 08:02:11 PM »
Great looking scoot Papa. If I were to get another scooter it would definitely be the P300i. It is also a Massimo Zaniboni design for Kymco.  ;)
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2015, 10:12:18 AM »
Great looking scoot Papa. If I were to get another scooter it would definitely be the P300i. It is also a Massimo Zaniboni design for Kymco.  ;)
It, the People, didn't look that sharp to me in the showroom. I walked right by it.
But the deer told me it was a great machine and I couldn't go wrong with it. The guys here on the "Board(s)" seem to love theirs. So I went with it. I think it looks better on the road (than it did on the sales floor). The engineering seems to suit me well. Nothing is perfect (I don't like the way you unlock the seat using the ignition, I would have another half gallon or more of fuel tank capacity, there would be a stock 12 or 14 inch windscreen)... But all in all it is a wonderful machine...
   My neighbor down the street saw the second scooter in less than three months and smiled. He rides a Road King, just got his new one last month. He said, "Traded o the little one? I said yes". Began explaining why. He started to laugh and said, "We all do it, set an arbitrary limit on what we are willing to spend (our limit, doesn't match the manufacturer's pricing). Then when the purchase that was within the limit doesn't meet the expectations nor the requirements, we expand the parameters of what we are willing to pay. Having the availability of test rides might help a lot, but I don't see that happening in a big way...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()