Author Topic: Upgrade path for agility 126  (Read 14519 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrade path for agility 126
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2010, 10:10:05 PM »
I can dito shaka. Try looking on utube. The vids I saw showed a very smooth function.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2010, 08:01:40 AM »
Well more great news from the mighty upgrade house. The new CDI is the wrong one. It arrived, I fitted it without looking at it much and it blows a fuse when I try start. Coincidental and try again, same outcome. Look at the wires and the plugs are identicle, but my scoot has 5 wires and the new cdi has 6. F#ck! I contact the seller and he tells me that I have an odd unit the he doesnt supply. Whoop dee f#cking doo! I couldnt be happier. This upgrade thing is starting to sh** me now. Anyone got a use for a 6 wire CDI cheap, and anyone got an uprated unlimited unit for sale that I can use.......WITH 5 WIRES?
Thanks
Holty

dirtyd

• View Profile
    • Scooter Invasion
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2010, 04:12:35 PM »
Exhaust didn't fit, cdi wrong?  sounds like you need to find a new supplier.  Who did you say you were ordering from anyway?
Daniel
----------------------
'06 SYM Jet Euro X 50
'09 Agility 50

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2010, 06:02:55 PM »
The good news: It didn't burn up your stator.  :)

Ah, the joys of not leaving well-enough alone...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010, 08:21:12 PM »

Ah, the joys of not leaving well-enough alone...

But what's the fun in that?!  The payoff is when everything finally comes together, everything works in harmony, and the satisfaction of enjoying what you have achieved! 8)

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2010, 10:51:14 PM »
... for the short time that circumstances allow. Then, the joy of pushing it however-many-miles home.  :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2010, 12:27:11 AM »
It May be a little late,.What make, and part # is the cdi you received? I may have a way to re-wire it for you. The biggest difference will be if the timing is correct for your engine. Don't listen to Jpres... He is sitting inside next to the toaster oven wishing it was warm enough to ride! Keep it cool Bro! Like shaka said, It will all come together. Just stay away from Ebay.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

jprestonian

• View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2010, 05:49:22 AM »
Hey, I've ridden a little -- very little this year, as it's been well below freezing, every day until yesterday. Then, starting tomorrow, we'll be back to normal temperatures for Nashville for a while (high 40-to-low-50F).

Then, I'll ride more.  :)  Last fuel up was 12/31, though.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2010, 06:19:34 AM »
Your gonna need fresh fuel by the time it warms up enough! It's been well below freezing here to, and I worry about shearing the output shaft in the morning. I've broken a few bikes when I lived in New York.

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2010, 08:07:56 AM »
Ok, heres the link to the unit that I bought, not thru my supplier, but off... yes...ebay!  Heres the link if you want to check out the one I bought. If you can get it to work I would be very grateful.......

ttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200418975693&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I thought it would be ok, as long as it had more advance and no limiter, and it was damn cheap.... Lesson learned I guess. Anyway, such is life. Move on and try again I guess. I got to say, after fitting my 1500 springs last weekend I pulled out on the road after a test ride, leaned forward with the front brake locked and spun the rear wheel. Damn those factory tyres smoke up like a bitch! I was very impreseed with them in that regard. They are crap in the wet and I nealy lost it earlier in the week when she started to slide out over a wet round about, but I caught it just in time and kept her upright. Just got to be aware that they arent the best in the wet.
Be good,
Holty

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2010, 02:38:43 AM »
Your gonna need fresh fuel by the time it warms up enough! It's been well below freezing here to, and I worry about shearing the output shaft in the morning. I've broken a few bikes when I lived in New York.

...warm-up time...i let mine run for 10 minutes or so before headin out into the 25 degree weather....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2010, 03:31:03 AM »
Piece of crap, It will not work on your scoot in any way. I bought the same one from another vendor, and complained so hard he took it back. You could always try to convince them to allow a return. I wound up contacting Suitai. They make/program the factory cdi. They will program  a factory cdi to replace your stock one with any specs you want. Just google suitai, and follow to their site. There is a phone # to reach an English speaking rep to set one up for you. Ps Cost 39. bucks plus shipping. $52.00 total to Florida.

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2010, 02:26:27 AM »
Its all cool. I am going the big bore kit and going to play with porting, then once the engine and carb are in I will the assess the extras from there. Anyone used one of the 4 valve heads available? Kit is on order and should be here within 3 weeks. I dont know whether to pull it down straight away or wait till winter and build it up then. I guess I will get it all here and then make the decision. Funny enough, I have just ticked over 3800km this week, and it feels like it is starting to loosen up. Economy is improving, power is up, top speed is up, all good things that generally has me worried something is going to sh** itself! Anyway, keep on scooting and I will let you know how it happens when it happens....
Holty

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2010, 04:16:18 AM »
Way cool!!! When you get the chance PLEASE post back with the list of what you did, and how so we can see how it came together. Glad to hear it is running.

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2010, 01:37:17 AM »
Ok been a while. Just ticked over 5200km on the scoot, and have just today got an email from the supplier that all of my stuff for the big bore upgrade is in stock and ready to post! I have been waiting patiently, and now am so excited its a funny feeling! One question that I will pose here, with the 170cc head and barrel and A9 upgrade, what weight rollers would you suggest I start with? I reckon its going to be a hell of a lot more torquey, so maybe a heavier roller is in order?
Any Thoughts?
Holty

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()