Author Topic: Upgrade path for agility 126  (Read 14520 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrade path for agility 126
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2010, 05:00:38 AM »
I think I lost track somewhere. The common problem most of us have is a lack of information from suppliers. Meaning the kits we buy are not suppling the optimum range the parts are "supposed" run at. Thats where Forums seem to be important. Scoot. Invasion has tried to establish some "sticky threads" to address this. Some of their members have a ton of experience w/ certain combos, and can still only give limited advice on "overall" recommendations. Same w/ me. I started to read a 2t tunners manual that I posted under the general thread that explained alot of the tuning problem. MANUF. SPECS. Or more precisely the lack of. What works for MY scoot may be a disaster for yours because of the tolerances from the factory. I am still learning as much as you are. The one thing I do know, and was reminded of is: You have to start from a common "base" if you want repeatable results. This means getting YOUR engine set to what it was supposed to be when you bought it BEFORE moding it. I have been very lucky because I have been tuning 2t's for almost 35 years, and have an ear for what is happening inside the power plant, never mind the transmission. In the few months I have been posting here I see most all the trouble comes from untuned bolt on kits. sorta like putting a 350 small block in a VW bug.  Sorry for the long a$$ story. I'm just trying to qualifk the answer. You HAVE to know what rpm range your pipe/jug are meant to run at, and match the rollers to that range. You have to tune the cvt to take advantage of your power band, and riding style. I suggested to another to buy a $hit load of CHEAP rollers, and trade them out sequentially until you find the set that works. I know this is vague Bro, See where your jug is supposed to make power/where your pipe is supposed to make power, and tune the cvt to that range. 5,000 rpm's go heavy on the rollers. 10'000 go light. You don't want to over rev a low rpm kit becuase you will gain NOTHING. You don't want to under rev a high rpm kit because you spent money for nothing. Find the SPECS. for your kit, and set the cvt accordingly, or they will take your boots away
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2010, 03:57:17 AM »
Ok, family friends run a performance bike tuning shop, and once I have it all together, I am taking it there for a dyno tune, but they have never dealt with scooters. So they will get the engine right, but the rollers were my question. I will ask the supplier the same question and see what he reccomends. He seems on the ball and has been doing these kits for some time, so he should be able to ballpark me a weight roller.
Be good,
Holty

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2010, 05:47:15 AM »
See where your jug is supposed to make power/where your pipe is supposed to make power, and tune the cvt to that range. 5,000 rpm's go heavy on the rollers. 10'000 go light. You don't want to over rev a low rpm kit becuase you will gain NOTHING. You don't want to under rev a high rpm kit because you spent money for nothing. Find the SPECS. for your kit, and set the cvt accordingly,       Yeah holty, sorry bro the answer was this short little bit.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2010, 09:34:40 AM »
Ha, all cool. My gut feeling is that its going to be more of a torque monster than a revver, and keen to try it out. Should be all here in next 2 weeks he reckons.....God Im like a kid at Christmas and cant bloody wait. Thing is we head to New Zealand in a couple of months for 3 weeks so debating whether to wait till then so I can take the time and do it all carefully (while on holidays) and get the dyno tune done at nthe same time, or knowing me, once its all here, I will just got straight out and pull it down and throw it all together! Absolutely mad keen to see what it runs like and what it sounds like with the kit on and running.
BTW, I "accidently" pull away from the lights the other day on the back whell and it just so happened it was an unmarked copper next to me! By the time I noticed him, he has his glasses down and was looking over them straight at me! He just shook his head and kept going!!! I wonder how far I can get on the back wheel with this new kit........
Holty

old mod

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2010, 09:47:30 PM »
An amazing read, but where is the gripping finale? How is the bike, what's the top speed, reliability, fuel consumption???????  ???

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()