Author Topic: Best scoot shop in Bay Area?  (Read 1621 times)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Best scoot shop in Bay Area?
« on: September 14, 2015, 03:12:40 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm moving to the bay area next week and need to get a sense for the shops in or around San Francisco. Will be applying for a job at a few and want to make sure I choose somewhere with a great reputation. On a side note anyone living in the bay area want to meet up for a ride?
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

souzamoto

• View Profile
Re: Best scoot shop in Bay Area?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 04:45:12 PM »
If you are going to SF proper, I would check out Scuderia. They sell Kymco, KTM, Aprilia. I believe one of the top dealers for kymco in CA.
If in the Oakland, east bay area, check with Rockridge Two Wheels-vespa, Kymco, Aprilia.
South Bay - San Jose BMW - Vespa, Genuine, Kymco, BMW, Aprilia, Guzzi

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 08:53:12 PM »
Also in SF are SF Moto and SF Scooter Center. My go to shop is San Jose BMW Motorcycles (AKA: SJ Vespa, SJ Kymco, SJ Aprilia, SJ Genuine Scooter)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 12:12:12 AM »
Thanks guys, I have done a lot of business with Barry from sf scooter center, good guy I'll go talk to them in person to see about a part time gig. In the meantime anyone looking to go on a fun ride in a week or two let me know!!!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 01:16:16 PM »
Bring a tent with you, rent prices in the bay area will shock you. Another issue is traffic, there is no easy commute at all. You'll want to live relatively close to where you work. Bringing in an out of state scoot might be an issue if it does not meet CARB rules. CA DMV rules/costs are vastly different from other states. Good luck, it's a beautiful area but expensive to live there. Freeways are not scooter friendly there.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 11:40:25 AM »
Big changes B&L !!
Hope it all works out great for you.
SF is my favorite city in the US. Spent most of '67 on the streets there. Course skirts were nearly nonexistent in those days....which improved the scenery tremendously! :-) especially in stairwells as I recall.
When I hit $3.00 I'd put the Martin back in the case -- work day over!!
Rents in the Haight?.... don't know... I cooked for a chess hustler for my room and board.
Hope it works out for you old buddy.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 05:59:09 AM »
Bring a tent with you, rent prices in the bay area will shock you. Another issue is traffic, there is no easy commute at all. You'll want to live relatively close to where you work. Bringing in an out of state scoot might be an issue if it does not meet CARB rules. CA DMV rules/costs are vastly different from other states. Good luck, it's a beautiful area but expensive to live there. Freeways are not scooter friendly there.

Rent is a non issue I'm fixing up a house for my dad and step mom and rent is included. The first day I got here I cruised though Oakland and over to the in n out on alameda island. Lane spitting is awesome here, people actually move out of your way instead of trying to hit you like in Oregon. I'll be trying to get extra $$$ working at a shop somewhere close. My place is right above Berkeley in the hills. Anyone game for a ride this week?

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 06:05:17 AM »
Big changes B&L !!
Hope it all works out great for you.
SF is my favorite city in the US. Spent most of '67 on the streets there. Course skirts were nearly nonexistent in those days....which improved the scenery tremendously! :-) especially in stairwells as I recall.
When I hit $3.00 I'd put the Martin back in the case -- work day over!!
Rents in the Haight?.... don't know... I cooked for a chess hustler for my room and board.
Hope it works out for you old buddy.
Stig

Haha stig, your the man. San Francisco is quite the city, I have a sh** ton of exploring to do. I knew every last inch of Portland and it feels weird not knowing where I'm headed. Also 2 wheel my Oregon registration is good for another year at least and I plan on keeping Oregon plates on my truck and scooter, California dmv are crazy expensive and require all kinds of silly smog sh** and inspections. It's about a 6 month gig so I figure I can get away with it. Sucks you have to take the freeway or at least a highway to get anywhere, but the 250 keeps up. I was following some big sport bike lane splitting and he keep looking back like "is this scooter serous?!" Haha

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2015, 11:53:14 AM »
What a gig, B&L! Watch those trolley tracks downtown on Market street! Try your brakes on a hill! Don't get so busy ya can't keep us posted.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()