Author Topic: Where can I get side cases?  (Read 11605 times)

rick71

• View Profile
Re: Where can I get side cases?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 09:46:59 PM »
Bump.
Any update on this?
I'm looking too.

No updates from me, I'm afraid.

The mounts DaveRinPA made look very interesting. I was never able to find the vendor that Kymco Germany bought their sidecase racks from.
Rick

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 04:31:20 PM »
No updates from me, I'm afraid.

The mounts DaveRinPA made look very interesting. I was never able to find the vendor that Kymco Germany bought their sidecase racks from.

The Kymco Germany mounts are MA 3990 but they aren't sold in the US.  Roller Center will sell them to you for 129 Euro ($165 US?).

You can order them here:
http://www.rollercenter.de/catalog/index.php?cPath=73_1309_1373&osCsid=ec765ef809

Here's some better views - though they want 189 Euro...  
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

jan.strydom

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 08:27:58 AM »
 :) very nice

JENNY

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 02:28:49 PM »
Check out TNTCYCLES-ATV.COM. 

Jenny

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 02:48:27 PM »
Check out TNTCYCLES-ATV.COM. 

Jenny

If you are going to recommend your business then you should ensure you carry what people are looking for.  I checked out your website and it didn't list any aftermarket parts other than brake pads for any year of the XCiting 500.  How do you propose we use those to mount Givi sidecases?

TNTCYCLES-ATV.COM is now on my list of businesses to avoid.
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

rick71

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 03:09:23 PM »
The Kymco Germany mounts are MA 3990 but they aren't sold in the US.  Roller Center will sell them to you for 129 Euro ($165 US?).

You can order them here:
http://www.rollercenter.de/catalog/index.php?cPath=73_1309_1373&osCsid=ec765ef809

Here's some better views - though they want 189 Euro...  

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look.
Rick

gctkaz

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 07:46:23 AM »
It's an old thread but I had the same problem - I searched high and low for compatible side racks and came across this forum thread, I want to buy the MA3990 set but being in Canada that was a problem.

Last October I e-mailed rollercenter.de regarding international shipping and never got a reply. Rather, I asked a friend who knows German to e-mail them, but still...nothing.

I asked around another forum I visit which I know has some German members hoping to find a proxy buyer, and a kind member pointed me to racing-planet.de rather than accepting my offer of commission.

Here's the link: MA3990 at racing-planet.de

They do international shipping, the DHL option is pretty cheap. The price at that link includes VAT which we overseas guys don't need to pay, so my grand total including shipping was something like 197 Euros. I just paid by Paypal minutes ago, so we'll see if this thing bounces back with no stock or if I actually get the goods...

Could be an option for you rick71 if rollercenter doesn't come through for you.

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 12:59:43 PM »
Anyone know the total cost for the mounts and bags from this place listed above? Man those would be nice to have, really set's the already nice looking bike off. Gold wing riders would be in total envy! :-*

gctkaz

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 09:41:23 PM »
I doubt any Goldwing owners would be jealous of a scooter...

Anyway, I finally took delivery of the side racks this morning, they sat in Canadian customs for a week.

I hope to take some better pictures later.

They are made specifically for the MonoKey system, I am using them with Kappa K21 (same as Givi E21) and they snapped right in with the included hardware.

Altogether the racks + cases + duties and taxes cost me around $500. I really wonder why this stuff costs so much.

rick71

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2012, 12:35:22 AM »
Nice pics.

I originally ordered the same back rest and top case plate as you, but was told the plate, which showed in the online catalog, wasn't available, and then that the case wouldn't fit with the backrest. Ah, well...

The side cases look really good.
Rick

vex

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 12:58:36 AM »
I'm scratching my head a little bit and doing some internet surfing, but can't seem to find the right combo of racks. I have a monokey setup that I use on my Suzuki DL650 and want to use the same cases on the Xciting. Mine's an '09 and it looks like there's a couple of options for the top case mount, but I'm not seeing anything that looks like a single solution. Am I correct in thinking the SR91 is the proper kit?

Will the brackets for the side bags fit on when using the SR91 top case kit?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()