Author Topic: No Respect... Just no respect for scooters.  (Read 3219 times)

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
Re: No Respect... Just no respect for scooters.
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 02:56:59 AM »
The group I ride with were somewhat vexed with me as I never rode a cruiser style bike. The only thing that got their attention more than the Dual Sports I usually showed up on was my Majesty. First group ride on it to Deals Gap earned their respect. While making the final assimilation to "twist and go" I had a year with a Vulcan 800. They thought I was won over, but it just didn't ring my bell. Scoots all the way since!
At 69, the scoots will hopefully keep the 2 wheel fun going a bit longer.
A "new to me" MR2 may be the vehicle that keeps the wind in my face when two wheling no longer works.

At 69 you should have plenty of years left to ride.  I just had the chance to see some old riding friends recently.  When I say old, I'm talking 75 years.  One still rides a V Strom 650 but also has a Kymco Yager 200.  The other does track days on a GSXR750 racebike.  He was on his VFR800 "touring" bike on this ride.

I went riding with my 75 year old friend and he still rides a a pretty good pace but I kept up on my scooter.  Another guy along on the ride was interested in getting a scooter but had never ridden one before so we swapped bikes for a while.  He rode my scooter and I rode his Tiger 800.  I think he will be a scooter owner in the near future.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:59:06 AM by klaviator »
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

ad_astra

• View Profile
Re: No Respect... Just no respect for scooters.
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 05:50:38 PM »
Don't really care what people's opinions are about scooters. If they rode one, odds are they'd like it, and when they rode around all week on a $2 tank of gas, they'd like it even better.
2014 Kymco Agility 125

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()