Author Topic: Xciting 500 LCD Odometer Screen (faded)  (Read 1318 times)

TeamTEOR2

• View Profile
Xciting 500 LCD Odometer Screen (faded)
« on: October 07, 2015, 09:29:26 PM »
Has anyone had issues with the LCD screen fading away? I've had issues with this on a remote control LCD screens for appliances or calculators. I called out to Kymco today and they told me it would require a whole new instrument cluster as it is a completely sealed unit.

xsel777

• View Profile
Re: Xciting 500 LCD Odometer Screen (faded)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 04:01:48 PM »
It might be possible if you open the cluster up, that there are some screws that you can turn in to more tightly secure/press the circuit board to the lcd rubberised conductor.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 with Tapatalk

2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

TeamTEOR2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 03:23:21 PM »
I have some time off so I will probably be looking at that soon. I hope that it is just the the big wire connector needs to be reseated. I might try putting a little electric grease on the connector points (NO-OX-ID grease is what comes to mind if I can find it or something similar).

Jeopardy4100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 02:26:33 AM »
Dielectric greas is what you want.  You can find it at any auto parts store. No-ox is for aluminum wiring.

TeamTEOR2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 03:54:13 AM »
I am going to take the front end apart carefully later this week. While I am there I will change out the antifreeze. I really wonder what I am going to find on the connector. I hope that the Dielectric Grease will work and that the conecction just needs to be cleaned up some. I'll look for some contact cleaner spray as well prior to the grease if there is some oxidation on the contact points. If it is just the LCD screen it may not be an easy/cheap fix, we will see. I did fix my number bed remote LCD screen with a hair drier.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()