Author Topic: Malossi BBK for People 50 2T  (Read 46571 times)

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
Re: Malossi BBK for People 50 2T
« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2016, 03:46:22 AM »
I checked the Castro RS TT, looks like really good oil, may try some, but I usually like to buy by the gallon, get better price.

Rode People 50 today a couple of hours before dark, high temp 384f, was running like a champ, I think warmer weather will help it run richer.  I am still waiting on mini drills.  I really got Dellorto to try on Super 9, see how many revs it will turn for more top end.  I am slow on projects, will install Dellorto eventually.  If I like it, could get expensive, I have 4 49cc Kymco scooters lols.

Getting close to 10,000km on People 50.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2016, 03:42:06 AM »
lol good deal I ran mine WOT on a state Hwy today for about 20 miles and only a few stops ran like a champ right at 50 or a lil above or below depending on hills. actrually temp starts to creep up at WOT for long periods of time got to a lil over 360 today so I'm gonna take yes for an answer and leave well enough alone 350-375 is supposed to be the sweet spot so I'm all good. I am actually having to blip throttle to WOT or drop it occasionally if trying to ride mid throttle as those tems have crept up to 380 occasionally. What other than the S9 you got I need another Kymco in my life.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 03, 2016, 08:51:06 PM »
pace, I think you have it dialed in, sounds awesome to me.  My scooters:  05 People 50 2T, two 03 Super 9 LC's, and one 05 Super 9 LC, they all run, have maybe one too many scooters, would be perfect at 3.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2016, 10:44:56 PM »
I think I need a Super9 in my life since everyone seems to have one but me lol.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2016, 02:03:21 AM »
Super 9's are cool, but sometimes I like my People 50 2T just as well, I go back and forth.  You would probably be the same with your Like, if you got Super 9.

I finally decided to give-up on OEM carb and install Malossi 19mm.  There appears to be some other restriction besides main jet, I keep drilling it out and running hot problem stays the same.  I don't know enough about carbs to fix it, so I am throwing in the towel.  If I still have problem with 19mm carb, then will know have another issue, but I doubt it.  Will take awhile, 1st step start taking off plastic to remove throttle cable, 2nd step make new cable.  Cheers

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 10, 2016, 05:54:53 AM »
with the 4T parts in a had to run like a 109 or higher jet to stay ok if you get the 2T atomizer and bushing it will drop your needed jet size ay down but got to change needle at same time or WOT will start to foul plug after a min or so and starts missing. lol it's an ever going thing man no one ever stops tweaking.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 10, 2016, 02:23:50 PM »
The Malossi carb should be a lot easier to adjust, as you described it.  To change jets on OEM Keihin I always removed the seat, then removed the carb, a pain.  On the Super 9, I don't have to remove the seat, so easier.

I guess will try the Malossi as is, and go from there.  I won't say it, but you know what I am thinking about another Malossi kit lols.  Cheers

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2016, 10:27:08 PM »
yeah yeah lol I know but hey that Malossi BBK still going huh lol
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2016, 02:00:27 AM »
Working to install Malossi 19mm carb, I pulled plastic to get to throttle cable, disconnected cable from twist grip, located cable splitter and was able to partially disassemble the cable splitter.  The cable going to the carb and cable going to the oil pump from the splitter will disconnect, but the single throttle cable from the twist grip will not disassemble from the cable splitter.  Also, the carb top will not disassemble for the throttle cable.

I removed the OEM carb and installed the Malossi manifold and carb just to see how it looks.  Then, I installed the shorter choke cable, to see how that works, and realized the longer throttle cable may work in place of the OEM throttle cable.  So, then I installed the oil pump cable and Malossi throttle cable into the OEM splitter and hooked up the oil pump and installed the cable to the carb and all seems to fit OK, amazing!  I ran out of time, but next I will hook up throttle cable to the twist grip and test operation, but initially looks like it will probably work well, appears to open carb all the way, oil pump works properly, we will see

The key to disassembly of the splitter is to disconnect the throttle cable from the twist grip, as pace described in his thread, ref Like 50 BBK thread.  Then the end cap of the splitter where the 2 cables come out will slip off the end.  Then the 2 cables will come out of the splitter, yea!

I probably removed more plastic than I needed to because I thought I would have to completely remove the throttle cable from the scooter and replace it with another custom one.  Appears to be a big job to completely remove the throttle cable, it's bundled with other wires, brake lines, and is bundled tight so is pretty hard to remove IMO.  Fortunately, I now realize may not have to remove the single cable that runs from the twist grip to the cable splitter.

I am pretty pumped, appears I am closer than I thought to getting this 19mm Malossi carb installed.  Cheers

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2016, 04:44:01 AM »
yes way to go bro I'm so glad you took that plunge and yeah you can't remove main cable from the inner part of splitter and you used all the right cables in all the right places. the only suggestion I would have for you is to go to treatland.tv and order a 90 degree bend to fit into top of Dellorto carb to keep cable from rubbing and cutting into plastic top and finally breaking cable which happened to me after about 2 months of riding. Good luck bro glad you took the plunge let me know if you have any issues.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2016, 03:24:33 AM »
Got it all put together and have a few issues.  I didn't change anything on carb, just bolted it on, idles nice, but main jet appears too lean, bogs above 1/4 throttle.  Also, I need to re-route the throttle cable, when I turn right the cable binds and gives it the gas a little.

Next, I will pull the carb and order some jets, bent tube, maybe order the bolt-on choke too from treatland.  I don't know where to mount the remote cable choke, maybe a good place would be inside the storage box?, probably not.  Right now, I have it tie-wrapped to the side of the scooter.

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2016, 05:50:43 AM »
yeah if you were as lean as you were on stock carb you're probably lean on the main jet treatland has PHBG jets but I just saw tonight scootertuning.ca has 10pc jet sets a lil less than treatland would be for 10 pcs they only have 5 pc sets and they also have needle kits which I will be investing as I'm rich at WOT but lean in mid to 3/4 throttle I need to just move to open filter for the warm season I think.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2016, 05:39:23 AM »
I took the carb apart and have the following components:  main jet 80, nozzle 262DL (262DL is not typo), needle W16, float 3G5, starter jet 55, idle jet 42.  Based on some Malossi instructions for the carb, I think supposed to have main jet 98, nozzle 262AU, needle W16, float 5gr, starter jet ?, idle jet 45.  Then I went to Treatland.tv to place an order.

Thanks to pace, I knew where to look and found everything I think I needed, cost approx $42 shipped.  After reading and looking around some, I decided not to get the 262AU nozzle.  I got main jets 96 98 100 102, pull choke, throttle cable with a bent tube, spare top gasket, and spare clip for the needle.

At the Treatland.tv site there were some comments about the AU nozzle not being needed unless had piston port engine.  That 4 cycle nozzle worked well with reed valve engine, and what we have is definitely reed valve.  Also, the problem, as I understand it is mainly with idle.  Since I already had it installed and it idled great, I decided to wait on the AU nozzle.  It bogged at anything over 1/4 throttle which is consistent with main jet being too small.  We will see.

paceneedsstides

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2016, 06:31:42 AM »
I love networking lol I have 262 AU parts in W7 Needle and haven't changed slide got the Malossi Mattahorn Filter for PHBG carb from treatland last week had to go to open filter. have needle set one down from leanest setting, have 94 main and 42 idle, was running great till today when 26745334685978423 BAMMMMMMM my oil pimp cable straight fails at the end and engine was at 9600rpm!!! Straight dead engine costed into parking lot lots of smoke and smell of just nasty melting metal and plastic. I'm ticked had 1700 miles on BBK and completely discouraged. looked at plug almost perfect mixture then looked up and saw oil pump cabled just broke no wear no tearing jus t not connected anymore. waited a bit started up on first try let it idle sounded fine.....pushed to gas station bought cheap 2T oil poured it in tank....tipped bike from side to side for a few minutes to mix.....got home at almost midnight tonight have lost a few miles an hour hope its just from need to upjet since premixing and not loss of compression due to rings, piston, or cylinder damage. Think oil pump may be fried  but it wasn't Malossi that went this was pure Kymco cable actually the last Kymco cable on my bike lol.
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2016, 12:05:30 PM »
That's another story adding to the pre mix argument. It's just so convenient to use the pump. Thinking about switching.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Denver, Colorado, USA 5,300 Feet Elevation

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM variator with 6 gram rollers
OEM 16mm carburetor

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()