Author Topic: Bright, positive idea  (Read 597 times)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Bright, positive idea
« on: October 24, 2015, 05:43:10 PM »
How would you like to be one of the people a dealer would call when they are stumped on what to do in a trouble situation? I know what they SHOULD do is call Kymco USA tech/service guys and gals. But let's say your local dealer calls YOU with a problem he does not know the answer. You have been through all that on the bike (s) you have had and know what the easy solution would do. Most of us for example have changed rear tires and know the sequence of what to remove; some of us have changed horns and know how to disassemble the tupperware; some of us have had poor idle and know how to initialize; some have set TPS to the service manual and know the SERVICE MANUAL SETTINGS ARE WRONG (DT300i)! You get the idea. Ya think it might work? There is zombie and whatizname in Portland (Betting & losing) to contend but the dealers don't even know they exist. Is this a viable idea or just an example of too much time on my hands?!

Karl

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 06:19:12 PM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Bright, positive idea
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 12:09:16 AM »
"Is this a viable idea or just an example of too much time on my hands?!".........

Well,  :)

Stig
PS: No, actually I think you've a good idea. You recently proved that a member here can affect the outcome of a servicing issue between a dealer and a forum member.
However, it might take a pretty special set of fellows at a dealership - for them to admit that they are stumped. In my limited experience,  my dealership seems to be staffed by some pretty self-assured and aggressive fellows. Men who might find it hard to say, " I don't know", and seek outside advice.
But, you know what? What's the worse they could do? Tell you, "no thanks", and then say some stuff behind your back as you walk away.
Happens to me all the time. If we were that sensitive to what others said about us - we wouldn't be riding scooters in America!
Keep up your good thinking, Karl!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Bright, positive idea
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 12:13:42 AM »
What a gas, Stig! Thanks!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()