Author Topic: My scooter won't electric start  (Read 2511 times)

csor.zola

• View Profile
My scooter won't electric start
« on: November 14, 2015, 01:24:24 PM »
Hi there,

I gonna need some help. I changed the handle bar on my kymco agility 125. For this I had to disconnect the front and the back brake wires. Unfortunately, I didn't memories which cable goes where. Stupid me. When I put them back together my scooter didn't start and there is no brake lights at all. I tried all variation to put the wires together but no avail.
With the kick start I can start my bike but the electric start doesn't work.
Does anyone have an idea what to check now?
I will try to attach a picture of the wire.

I have checked the fuses. But they seem OK.

Aceforever

• View Profile
Re: My scooter won't electric start
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 05:54:05 AM »
I'm surprised no one got back to you? Seem like the forum went on holiday early?
Hope you got it started I know I had the same problem with the starter. However, I found the manual for Kymco Agility 125: http://www.manualslib.com/download/393386/Kymco-Agility-125.html
I needed it to change the headlight. Unfortunately, it doesn't say the type of light to buy unless you disconnect it.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 10:12:17 PM »
How about all green wires and all black wires together? Should take notes when disassembling.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 11:59:28 PM »
The green and black wires in tubular sheaths left and right come from the switches on the brake levers. The way you have them plugged in they will not energize either the stop light or starter. So green to green and black to black should solve your problem.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

tlmathe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 07:46:26 PM »
I have a 2008 Agility 125. I bought a new battery, it can kickstart fine but electric start is hit or miss. Sometimes it just clicks other times it will start. What else could it be ? How can I tell if it the CDI vs STATOR, vs STARTER SOLENOID ?
Thank you in advance

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 07:58:55 PM »

tlmathe

• View Profile
Re: My scooter won't electric start [SOLVED]
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 01:53:09 PM »
bought new battery tried solenoid from another scooter, same problem. Found a ground problem thought I solved the problem but still wouldn't electric start. Took the starter out and hooked it up to the battery and it worked so I thought it must be wiring issue... blah blah blah didn't have voltemeter to check starter but put it back in and  didn't work, only kick started and clicked if tried to electric start. replaced starter and BOOM it works. Starter was weak and going bad had a ground wire loose but fixed that battery was probably ok but now I have an extra, also have 2 solenoid's now. Friend is going to take apart bad starter to see what is wrong. Original kymco starter just gave out.
Lessons learned: Get a voltimeter thing, check wiring and grounding, have a back up scooter for parts, have time and patience and someone help you, check one thing at a time. It isn't a problem it is an opportunity to learn how to solve something, learn and share.
Thanks Todd
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 01:55:18 PM by tlmathe »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()