Author Topic: Agility r16 with malossi variator  (Read 965 times)

franx93

• View Profile
Agility r16 with malossi variator
« on: January 01, 2010, 12:20:24 AM »
hi, in my agility r16 with malossi variator i have 7g rollers for more speed. it goes only 72km/h (with 6g it went 70) but at 72 it likes limited (hearing the sound, it can go more..) ...what's the problem? carburation? it's very very strange

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Agility r16 with malossi variator
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 01:30:14 AM »
The heavier rollers are just opening your ramp to its limit sooner. You are in the highest rang it can supply, and the torque from the engine is not enough to keep revving. sort of like a 7 speed transmission. sooner or later you will run out of torque. Basicly the configuration you have is MAXED. There are loads of mods to do to your scoot if you want to tinker all the time to keep it in peak trim, and gain a few mph, but there is ALWAYS a limit. Sounds like yours is running at the best point you can get. Good speed, and there is still more room in the rpms. You really don't want the engine to "top" out, just the speed.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Agility r16 with malossi variator
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 04:09:59 AM »
...reckon what i'm learnin' is...that the 16" wheeled Agilities probably run a bit slower than the 12" due to the increase in mass...and i think there may be some final drive ratios that play into that...

...i like the styling of the RS and the City, but I sure ain wantin to sacrifice performance for style....

..i'm kinda pleased with my A50 as it runs right now...

...However, I'm sure that you need something way less than 7 grams...

..dude, i'd start with 5 gram rollers, and according to your riding habits, and the general terrain that you run regularly,....maybe even lighter than that....

...granted, these recomendations are based on my own experience....

;D

peace

and a very prosperous new year
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()