Author Topic: Grand vista 250 carb setup  (Read 2089 times)

calvinsmit

• View Profile
Grand vista 250 carb setup
« on: January 01, 2010, 07:13:05 AM »
Can someone help me with the piston/slide needle length on a 250 grand dink(vista). I really need to know how far is sticks out measured from the bottom of the slide to the end of the needle.Someone had previously messed with the carb.It could even have a incorrect needle in if I compare to the manual. In fact the plastic needle holder was. I have a way in which I have secured the needle and so the bike is now performing well but I want to get the length and taper correct.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 07:18:22 AM by calvinsmit »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Grand vista 250 carb setup
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 07:32:20 AM »
The needle will all depend on which carb you have. Does your needle have slots cut in it for adjustment? There is an "e" clip on most that will adjust the height. MOST factory settings are in the CENTER slot, giving you 2 up, and 2 down adjustments. You can go to a Home Depot type store to buy an "e" clip to fit your needle. The BEST way t tell if yours is correct is the performance of your scoot. Plug readings will tell all. here is a link to the best chart I have seen. http://www.dansmc.com/spark_plugs/spark_plugs_catalog.html      Just take a look at your plug because measurements are not consistent for tuning, only a basic guide line. Post back!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

calvinsmit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 10:08:48 AM »
Mine does not have slots for a circlip.I use unleaded fuel for here ,so pug readings are not as I was used to in the 'old days'. (the exhaust and plugs are just dark.not quite soetie)The bike midrange power is good But It was a bit stronger when I fastened the needle slightly higher.That then gave me 18.5 k's per liter. I am expecting 28-30 k's per liter. I guess I will just see what my fuel consumption is like.It would of been great to get a approximate need length for my carb

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 02:11:07 AM »
You will still need to post the make, and model of your carb. to have someone with a kind heart, and the same carb to measure theirs for you. If it ran better with the needle raised, you may be running a little lean. Raising the needle will richen the mixture. A dark plug is saying the opposite though. The only SURE way to know 100% would be to order the correct needle for your carb. Not just for that bike but for that carb. Also the Kymco manuals are FAMOUS for mis-information so don't lose too much sleep over that comparison.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()