Author Topic: MXU 250 won't start with electrical starter  (Read 6588 times)

veiko

• View Profile
MXU 250 won't start with electrical starter
« on: January 03, 2010, 01:30:11 PM »
The problem is that there is no spark with electrical starter, but with the recoil starter it starts just fine. I have checked all connections. Battery is fully charged. Anyone had the same problem ?

scootermike

• High Performance Scooter Parts NHRC, NCY, POLINI
    • View Profile
    • scootertronics
Re: MXU 250 won't start with electrical starter
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 03:57:39 PM »
Just a thought, make sure all stands and kill switches are correct, maybe you are doing something different when using kick start although I was unaware scooters of this size had kick start, also maybe power drain with electric is too much to produce spark thats a little out there but I always wondered. Are you checking that there is no spark by grounding plug out while trying to start electrically. Also change plug first it could be that simple, the gases in plug could be weak, the kick start will produce hotter spark sometimes.
CF Moto V5
QJ 2T 72cc Racing Scoot
Kymco Super 9 LC
Kymco Cobra
Verucci 150 10D
Vento Rebellion
SRC Race Crew
Scooter Shop

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 03:59:58 PM »
Your stator may not be putting out enough power to run the starter as well as the ignition system. 

veiko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 11:24:52 AM »
I have tried with another battery for electrical starter. So the ignition system is on the main battery and starter with external one. Didn't help, same thing no spark.
It has been to two mechanics, one said that the ignition system is dead, the other claimed that one of the relays are broken.
Lately I have noticed that when the engine is warm and if you press the starter button for an half of second it sometime starts..
Thanks for replying and sorry for my bad english :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()