Author Topic: Self service for Kymco Agility 125, 2006? [SOLVED]  (Read 5020 times)

Aceforever

• View Profile
Self service for Kymco Agility 125, 2006? [SOLVED]
« on: January 13, 2016, 06:10:13 AM »
Hey y'all, Zombie and other experts I need your help here lol

I know how to change the oil, headlights and pump up the tyres wohoo.

My GOAL is to learn how to change the spark plug, gearbox oil, brake fluids (if any), air filter, drive belt (ultimate goal), etc.
I also want to know if I am getting the correct product for my scooter.

Checklist Questions:
Oil - SAE15w40. I know how.
Headlight - B35 12v 35/35w BA20D. I know how.

Spark plug - I looked online and found this NGK CR7HSA is used on my scooter. Is this correct? How often do you need to change the spark plug? I found a cheap one on Ebay.
Gearbox oil - I found Synthetic Gear Lube Lubricant 75w/90. Is this separate from the normal oil change GY6 or the same? How often do I need to change it?
Brake Fluids - Ferodo Brake Fluid Dot 4 250ml. Do you guys use this or are there other alternatives and better ones?
Air Filter - KYM 17211-LDF7-B000. I found one on ebay.
Drive belt - I leave this one for later on.
Break pads - I leave this one for later on.

So if you can add anything else to my list that would mean a lot to steer me in the right direction. I know the Agility 2006 is old skool but it has only done 30,000kms so I got another 969,999kms left on it ;)

Many thanks in advance
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:03:15 AM by Aceforever »

beermak

• View Profile
Re: Self service for Kymco Agility 125, 2006?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 10:29:19 PM »
Hi!!

Plug is ok. Thats the one. I change it every 4000km. Cheap an easy thing to do.
Gear oil is also ok. I use that same. Its separate from the engine oil and i change it every after oil change. 2 oil chqnges 1 transmision change. I do plug and gear the same day plus engine oil.
Brake fluid also fine.. i change it every 2 years is a little tricky to change but get a vacum and ill be easy as riding ur scoot.
The air filter i change it with plug and gear oil. I cant give you the part number bc i have a like not an agility....

Good luck!

Enviado desde mi SM-G920I mediante Tapatalk

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 12:22:42 AM »
Why do you use SAE15W40? You put 10w40 in which works just as well. The oil you put in what the producer uses for the oil. AMS oil, Mobil 1, Castro oil work well for scooters. AMS oil is is good because it is synthetic instead of conventional. This is just my opinion.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 12:34:28 AM »
My manual says 15w40 mineral... that will work. Im currently 10w50 synth. But any oil will do ok...

Aceforever

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 05:34:56 AM »
Hi!!

Plug is ok. Thats the one. I change it every 4000km. Cheap an easy thing to do.
Gear oil is also ok. I use that same. Its separate from the engine oil and i change it every after oil change. 2 oil chqnges 1 transmision change. I do plug and gear the same day plus engine oil.
Brake fluid also fine.. i change it every 2 years is a little tricky to change but get a vacum and ill be easy as riding ur scoot.
The air filter i change it with plug and gear oil. I cant give you the part number bc i have a like not an agility....

Good luck!

Awesome, thanks beermak! Opps I am way overdue with all of those checks.
Spark plug = checked.
Gear Oil = checked. OK so you change it when you do the engine oil. How do you change the transmission and is it an oil? Cool I will do the same and change the engine oil, plug, and gearbox oil on the same day. Thanks heaps for that.
Brake fluids = OK will need to look into it and see how I can find it first and then change it.
Air filter = Cool, so I change it every time do the oil, etc.

Excellent! Time to buy some products and get started.

Why do you use SAE15W40? You put 10w40 in which works just as well. The oil you put in what the producer uses for the oil. AMS oil, Mobil 1, Castro oil work well for scooters. AMS oil is is good because it is synthetic instead of conventional. This is just my opinion.
This one was recommended by the nearest local store. Unless they tried to up sell the product? Noted, if 10w40 better then will use that one then. Thanks Kingk

My manual says 15w40 mineral... that will work. Im currently 10w50 synth. But any oil will do ok...
Cool that gives me a lot of options to go with. So far so good.

P.S flip forgot the oil filter. Anyone changed it and the which one to get?

I will post back for results.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 06:28:37 AM by Aceforever »

Aceforever

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 09:05:17 AM »
I just found out the transmission oil is the same as the gearbox oil.

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 01:57:49 PM »
The transmision oil needed its a manual gearbox fluid gl5 75w90

Jim Moore

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 11:28:56 AM »
Don't forget about the valve adjustment. It's beyond simple on this bike. I'm sure there is a YouTube video somewhere.

Aceforever

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 04:04:08 AM »
The transmision oil needed its a manual gearbox fluid gl5 75w90
Hey guys, I have ordered the spark plug, air filter, and normal oil. However, I forgot to mention the transmission or gearbox oil was the brand I found on another site but it seem to be an American brand. I am unable to locate those brands in Australia? I think this brand was recommended: Yamalube Y4-S 10W40 Semi-Synthetic 1 Litre. I can order this on ebay or in store if this is the right one?

Don't forget about the valve adjustment. It's beyond simple on this bike. I'm sure there is a YouTube video somewhere.
Cheers Jim will add that to the list and look into it. Yeh youtube vids are very handy. That is where I learned the oil and headlight change. Don't why but I noticed no one has a Kymco youtube account to post every video fix on Kymco brands?

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 09:06:37 PM »
I have a similar weather where i live and on ac small engines they recomend to go 20w50. But ive used 15w50 and had waaaaay better results. I used in the past motul 5100 and worked better. Now im in synth 10w50 but i might go back and stick with motul 5100.
You can get it in any motorcycle store.

Aceforever

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 05:54:07 AM »
Guys, I called the mechanic who used to service my scooter and asked him "what transmission/gearbox oil I need?". It came to a surprise that he said that I only need the engine oil which lubricates the transmission as well? Does that mean I only need to use the normal engine oil 15w/40 which also lubricates the gearbox? Then why did some say I needed gearbox fluid gl5 75w90 if the kymco agility 125, 2006 does not need it? Kind of confusing here.

I came to this forum and hoping people have a similar model and who has done a self service to their scooter.

Aceforever

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 06:20:21 AM »
I called around to another workshop confirm that I do need transmission oil  >:(
Interesting, they said I could use the car transmission oil too "its the same stuff" they were saying? If that's the case I am going to buy it from my local store 80w/90 1Ltr and will go from there. Now I can get dirty and change it all once I get back home.

Just took a photo of the scooter I can see all that black stain. Look like I do need transmission oil:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 07:20:30 AM by Aceforever »

Jim Moore

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2016, 11:36:33 AM »
OK, two things. First, you have a leak. It's probably coming from the drain bolt, which is directly in front of the area in the picture. Make sure it's torqued to the correct spec after you change the gear oil.

Which brings me to #2.  You need hypoid gear oil, not engine oil, not ATF. the manual calls for SAE 90. I use synthetic 75-90. You can buy it a the auto parts store. It normally comes with a squeeze top so you can squirt it right into the fill hole. It only takes 0.10 liters, so a quart will last a long time.

Aceforever

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2016, 05:00:02 PM »
OK, two things. First, you have a leak. It's probably coming from the drain bolt, which is directly in front of the area in the picture. Make sure it's torqued to the correct spec after you change the gear oil.

Which brings me to #2.  You need hypoid gear oil, not engine oil, not ATF. the manual calls for SAE 90. I use synthetic 75-90. You can buy it a the auto parts store. It normally comes with a squeeze top so you can squirt it right into the fill hole. It only takes 0.10 liters, so a quart will last a long time.
OK, I found the right oil. I can pick it up tomorrow at the store finally: GULFWESTERN GEAR LUBE 80W90 GL-5 1L (SAE 90) Ebay link

Aceforever

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 08:59:06 AM »

I got the right gear oil now. But I can not see another beneath for the gear oil to come out? I've seen youtube vids and pictures where the bolt is suppose to be but my one doesn't have it? Can you circle where on the picture I am suppose to unloosen?

Guys, why is this forum always quiet here? I am starting to lose interest. I had a looked at the Chinese scooter forum and they have a great support there full of comments. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()