Author Topic: Kymco MXU250 Overheating Issue  (Read 2350 times)

m2yuout

• View Profile
Kymco MXU250 Overheating Issue
« on: January 17, 2016, 12:19:29 AM »
Hi guys,

I have recently brought this quad and it has been in the garage for the last few weeks to have a new stator put on... before it went into the garage the quad never overheated... tonight it was ticking over outside (current temp outdoors around 2c) and the quad decides to overheat.. the dash shows the warning... where should I start.. could it be an air lock?

Whats easiest way to test??

Cheers

Bratman2

• View Profile
Re: Kymco MXU250 Overheating Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 03:00:54 PM »
First thing would be check the coolant level and add if low. Does the fan turn on when it gets hot? Could the fan got unplugged during repair work and forgotten to plug it back in? I don't know much about MXU cooling systems but to get back to your original question. Subaru's generally have to have the front end elevated somewhat to prevent air pockets when changing coolant, radiator or water pump. That basically burbs the system for them. Adding coolant with engine running will force the air out if the front is elevated a foot or so. Only other thing I can think of is the thermostat hanging up.
Kymco 250 cooling system troubleshooting guide below.

www.motor-land.com.pl/files/ksiazki_serw/mxu250/mxu250-12.pdf
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 03:09:06 PM by Bratman2 »
2019 UXV 700i LE Hunter
2014 MXU 450i
2004 Mongoose 90 (grandson's)
2010 Grizzly 450

m2yuout

• View Profile
Re: Kymco MXU250 Overheating Issue
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 09:10:32 AM »
Hiya, thanks for the reply, It seems the garage must of emptied the coolant when they replaced the stator.. but looks like they failed to re-fill it afterwards!!!

Thanks for your help!

Regards

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()