Author Topic: Damp days stalls at lights.  (Read 925 times)

mroc

• View Profile
Damp days stalls at lights.
« on: January 17, 2016, 12:20:29 AM »
Live on the westcoast have two super 9 doing same thing runs fine idles decent. But after 10 -15 minutes of riding it bogs and dies. Usually restarts two minutes after have swapped cdi, coil, plug, engine and carb clean. Thinking in cold moist conditions the coolant running thru carb creating a carb freeze situation? Any thoughts?

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Damp days stalls at lights.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 03:11:18 PM »
You could try to rule out the coolant lines at the carb.  Just disconnect then from the carb and connect them. 
Sounds to me like the idle circuit might be clogged.  But if you cleaned the carb and jets really well then it should be fine. 
I had a problem with dying at lights once,  went through hell troubleshooting.  Found that my plug wire was worn out at the ends.  I trimmed it and it was perfect. 
No issues with the air filter?  Maybe moisture in your airbox that gets stirred up after riding? 
I assume you've tried adjusting your air fuel ratio screw now that the weather has changed. 

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 03:44:06 PM »
Last time mine stalled at red light it was bad sparkplug.  What oil you running.  I recently discovered in cooler weather semi-synthetic doesn't work so well.  I switched back to full synthetic and problems went away:  bogging until warmed up, smoking, idling issues.  I have disconnected coolant lines to carb, haven't noticed any diff one way or the other, just easier to remove carb.  Good luck figuring it out.
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

mroc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 05:21:39 AM »
Re did a/m screw it's at 3/4 turn on new malossi 72 bbk l.q. No stall issues for last 250 km's now. Loving the new bbk not much more top.speed but more torque for Hills.

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 07:15:22 AM »
need to send one to east coast so me and triesandluth can try it out.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

An Error Has Occurred!