Author Topic: getting a little bit more take off  (Read 1086 times)

jesse8931

• View Profile
getting a little bit more take off
« on: January 03, 2010, 10:48:26 PM »
so i have done the cdi mod and deresticted the muffler and cvt and now will be replacing the roller weights and belt and was wondering if what weight i should go with and does any one think replacing the stock air filter will work good one these scooters

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: getting a little bit more take off
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 11:49:31 PM »
Wordslinger would be a good person to consult on this one!  I believe he is running 4.7g rollers, but he has also done the clutch springs as well.  If you opened up the exhaust you probably need to upjet the carb.  You may as well go ahead and replace the stock air box with an open filter at the same time, then do the jetting.  Now that you have opened up the exhaust your stock airbox is going to restrict the amount of air able to flow in.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 05:08:47 AM »
I think I missed something!?!  What scoot???
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 05:13:53 AM »
Just figured it was an Agility 50 as that is the section it's under. ;)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 11:41:29 AM »
..lol..assuming that it is an A50, i'd say that yup, using a high flow filter will give you a lil more pep, and a better sound...did mine..however, the biggest two changes for quicker take-off will be your roller weights and some stiffer than stock fly clutch springs...I'm runing 4.7 gram (stock is 6 gr and i ran 5.5 gr for a long time) rollers in a Malossi variator with a white "1000" Malossi main torque drive spring, and red Leo Vince +50 fly clutch springs...

..I'd agree that with a de-restricted exhaust, you probably do need to go with the filter, and you will need to up-size your jets...

..how did you derestrict the exhaust??

..I'd give you some starting points for jet sizes, but my scoot seems to be a bastard red-headed mongoloid stepchild...

;D

peace
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 06:56:19 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()