Author Topic: The S9 Rant and Venting  (Read 1359 times)

Raindrop586

• View Profile
The S9 Rant and Venting
« on: January 20, 2016, 08:27:12 PM »
Dude after tons of testing on s9 lc . the motor sucks .. not busting balls or being a ahole ... Just a bad choice on kymco !

my boy has af16 stroker bike witch is a 2000 honda elite sr AC

its insane how fast they are .. love my s9 dont get wrong looks likes like a aerox now .. but as a motor to build in USA is Honda find one and build your ass off !

Noo matter what you do to a s9 on that block with porting and race kit 70-75mph  WITH GEARS! no gears 59mph maybe but cruise 55mph allday!

best pipe is 70cc and above pipe .. but you gotta buy mina horizontal pipe .. and mod the bracket cause dont like to fit perfect

best value and pipe stage 6 pro replica damn near fits dead on and push 10.5hp
at 11k rpm  and exhaust is key on this sh** hole block lol

so im in around a 1,000 in parts  :o

idk how many hrs of tuning ...  >:(

i love my s9 .. but would i build one again  f  u  c   c c k   no  >:(

i would build a dio , elite ,, or sym clone .. just saying  ;)

would i sell my scoot hell yea for 2,000 grand but thats gonna be ruff lmao

any buddy on face book add (Detroit Scooter Tuning Scene) and you will see some of the fastest scooters in USA

and the Hawaiians on there dios unreal    Brapping 80mph plus making look like its nothing

dio build to go 80 will say 500-600

s9 1000-1500 ?   for 70mph ?

why im venting lmao  >:( ;)   ;D

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
Re: The S9 Rant and Venting
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 02:37:59 AM »
The reason I like my s9 is it's dependable and the stock parts were bulletproof.  At one time I didn't want to spin 10k rpms.  I refused.  I didn't want a noisy pipe.  I was gonna leave the airbox stock.
Now I can't leave it alone.  Wishing I wouldhave kept the Marshin I had with the minarelli clone engine so that I could get a sh** ton of parts easily and make it a beast. 
But no,  I had to buy a tgb r50x.  Like the s9 with the rear disc brakes,  but crappier stock crank and even less parts to choose from. 
I'll stick with my s9,  and ride it daily,  but I'm trying to build up my tgb,  and get anything minarelli.  Maybe even just a minarelli motor to put in it unless I buy a whole bike. 
I'd love a dio, they're awesome,  or an elite.  But,  I'm more of a big body fan. 
Don't worry man,  I've bitched about my s9 troubles plenty of times lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 03:20:44 AM »
I'm sorta of like Tries.  I just like to ride mine and tweak on it, not looking to make monster HP.  For 49cc scooter it's big, has big seat, big under seat storage, disk brakes front and back, handles nice, has wide tires, looks good, is a premium scooter IMO.

I also have done way more than I originally intended.  I could easily end up like you, dissatisfied it won't make more HP, doesn't have more aftermarket parts, but I am happy with it for now.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

TheAmishSasquatch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 11:02:42 PM »
Just enjoy it for what it is, and be happy you have am LC.  Mines a fully built 72cc AC and "cruising at 55 all day" would be very nice. Don't look for huge numbers out of any scoot that's under 250cc. Not saying they don't exist, but they are more of the exception then the norm. GL

prichmon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 01:44:28 AM »
Maybe you should look into a minarelli scoot for the upper end build you are doing? Zuma or vino 50cc? Or how about an aprilia sr50? Malossi even offers aftermarket cases for the minarelli engine.

I just bought my 2nd kymco 50. Ive owned a people and now a super 9 lc. The people was an ac 50 and would do ~45 unrestricted. The super 9 I am working on currently and hope to be on the road in the next few weeks. The S9 is leagues ahead of the AC 50. Revs harder and faster once restrictions are removed. 

The big draw for me was the lc block and better suspension and brakes. In the USA there aren't very many true sports scooters in 50cc.

I built a GPS verified 65mph Zuma a few years back with bolt ons. Brakes and suspension were mediocre without mods and the 10" wheels made it less stable than the later scoots I've owned. 

A few weeks back I picked up an 09 Aprilia sr50 ditech. It has the brakes, suspension and technologically advanced engine to meet your needs. But it is significantly more complex than the Super 9 lc. Off the bat I had to purchase a new compressor and coil. Delivery is 2-4 weeks to the turn of ~$250. When together I expect ~55+mph and 100+mpg.

Good luck

Rich

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()