Author Topic: Derestricting your Agility CDI  (Read 36536 times)

x-seed

• View Profile
Re: Derestricting your Agility CDI
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 11:26:31 PM »
what is the size of the jet? (the yellow screw)

about 8 mm long, what is it for?

do u need other measure? (sorry 4 my poor english... and knowledge lol)

franx93

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 12:01:29 PM »
what is written on it? (example K82)

x-seed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 01:28:08 PM »
what is written on it? (example K82)

it´s written k82 like u say in.

x-seed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 06:07:34 PM »
just installed the new boss, it´s going fast and furious, 65km/h (plain ground, but did not pushed it to limit, since i just drive it in a near road, not long enough to push it further than that.)

had a rough time removing the cover thanks to the poor quality screws, one of them is just unusable.

the nut from front pulley, came out allright just with a simple key like this one (dont know the english technical therm)

x-seed

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 11:20:35 PM »
well today i took it to a long road, and the little devil just kept on running till 70 km/h, wich surprised me to be honest.
and i think it could co further, but the stop sign did not let me go any further... :P

at 70  km/h the screw in the exhaust pipe just went off the bike (hope i did not kill anyone ;D), it was just hand-screwed.

anyone knows just what that screw does?
i replaced it with new one.

x-seed

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 10:25:48 PM »
the screw in the exhaust pipe just went off the bike (hope i did not kill anyone ;D), it was just hand-screwed.

anyone knows just what that screw does?
i replaced it with new one.

anyone?

BrandedX

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 11:17:00 PM »
Wow! That was soo easy. I can't believe it.

Thanks a million!

pk5000

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2009, 03:53:54 PM »
I just bought a '09 Agility 50 with 7km on it...some guy near me won it in a radio contest, sold it on eBay to me for shall we say "less than retail value"

Bought it without ever riding one, but I did read thru this forum from start to finish....already noticed the cold start/ bogging issue this AM at 6:15 when I woke up to get it on the road....but it seemed to warm up quite fast (wasn't all that chilly this AM...this concerns me a bit, as I hoped to ride into Dec)

I have a couple good size hills near me, the bike is stock and drops to 20 mph on the steepest ones.....seems like I get 40 mph on the speedo, so I assume that is what 34...?

Bought a race CDI, waiting for it now....didn't want to notch mine to cut the wire....and I ordered the boss clutch thing to install.....although I have no power tools....maybe I can borrow.

Hoping these two things help out in overall speed and hill climbing ability....otherwise, nice ride, and I like the look of it, now that I stripped it of all it's "racing stickers".

I decided to go with the: hard break in on the engine after reading around...anyone else go this route with this scooter? 

I can already see that I want more power, time to take this for my motorcycle license, sell it, and buy the 125....

pk5000

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 04:42:47 PM »
Turns out, mine was de-restricted by the dealer!  (That is why I had no bag of goodies)

I already ordered a unrestricted Kymco CDI ($89 plus shipping)  and a boss clutch ($25 plus shipping) so if anyone wants them, I will be listing them on eBay, or email me doug01 at the gmail dot com   I will make you a good deal!

This turns out to be a case of good news bad news...the good news is I don't have to do anything!  The bad news is my scooter doesn't go up hills around here very well....Time to get the 125!

pk5000

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009, 09:41:17 PM »
I tried the new "race cdi" to make sure it worked with the Agility before selling it....and I think I will keep it.....the scooter starts much easier with it, than my derestricted factory one.   hmmmm      Before I had to give it a little gas each time to start it, now: one quick button push, no needed gas/.........top speed appears the same though.....

pk5000

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 09:44:33 PM »
I have about 160 miles on it now....did the first oil change at 20 miles, it was pretty dirty, and a fair amount of metal shavings in the collection screen.....

My GPS says it will do 42 mph on a long flat straightaway.....I think that is all I can ask for, considering I am at least 225 pounds!

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2009, 01:55:02 AM »
ya it works I did mine and got an extra 9 to 11 mile an hour sweet. when I cut the cdi I just put elec tap in the cut to cover it.  now im looking for a way to rejet it when cold come back is there a way to rejet for colder weather.

punkincivic

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 01:49:59 PM »
I just "notched" my cdi on my 06 Agility. I was topping out around 40 mph. I'll let you know what I top out at once it stops raining.

punkincivic

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 01:46:35 PM »
I top out around 46 on flat ground now. ;D

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2009, 10:17:22 PM »
...this works too...

peace

click on image for larger
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()