Author Topic: Kymco agility 50 Engine losing RPM  (Read 2373 times)

Thrilium

• View Profile
Kymco agility 50 Engine losing RPM
« on: March 03, 2016, 03:30:29 PM »
Hi everyone. I derestricted my scooter and now I'm having problems with it.

I didn't need to change variator boss roller, because it was already changed before, so I only changed the whole variator to Naraku High Speed variator with 5.3g rollers. Also changed the drive belt to a new one for lightly tuned scooters. Then I changed the CDI to Naraku Race CDI (no rev limiter). Last I did change is carburetor main jet up to #82.
I tested it once and it goes ~65-70Kmh, and 80+ Kmh downhill. Later I tried it again and the problems have started. When I go with scooter ~ 55-65kmh, it starts to lose RPM till it fully turns of if I don't release the throttle. Also same thing going uphills (had to stop 3 time till drived up ~100m uphill).
My father told that it could be the too small main jet (#82). I live in Lithuania, it's ~0 to +4 degrees celsius right now, not much above sea level.

Where do you guys think is the problem?

blue

• View Profile
Re: Kymco agility 50 Engine losing RPM
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 04:01:17 PM »
try the stock vairator with the 5.3 rollers. with the race one it might be throwing the belt off wear it should be.

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 11:16:04 PM »
What was your original jet size? The changes you made shouldn't require a jet change. You might just be running to rich.
Denver, Colorado, USA 5,300 Feet Elevation

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM variator with 6 gram rollers
OEM 16mm carburetor

Thrilium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 02:34:35 PM »
I'll try to remove cover and see if the belt is going off the variator.

Why do you think it didn't require #82 main jet? The main was probably #80, never changed it, but maby last owner did change it earlier, because i bought it with already installed derestricted drive boss

Thrilium

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 04:30:40 PM »
Variator isn't the problem. Changed it to default and tried to ride but it still happens.
I am thinking to change the main jet to bigger one (#84), because of higher RPM - higher fuel consumptions.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 02:55:11 AM »
Variator isn't the problem. Changed it to default and tried to ride but it still happens.
I am thinking to change the main jet to bigger one (#84), because of higher RPM - higher fuel consumptions.

How old is the clutch.You just may need a new one. or try a open air box.

Thrilium

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 01:21:18 PM »
Yesterday I changed the main jet to #84 ant it's still the same or even worse. I checked the spark plug and it was not fully screwed in, and when I pulled it out, i saw that the spark plug's case was burned from one corner. Could it be the proglem? I'm still going to buy a new one

Thrilium

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 05:03:52 PM »
The problem was finally solved. Changed the spark plug and it works well  ;D

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 12:02:40 PM »
The problem was finally solved. Changed the spark plug and it works well  ;D

Funny how the littlest thinks help...... Good luck..

motman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2016, 10:22:11 PM »
Well done for checking plug = its funny how we forget to check the obvious sometimes.

How is it running with the light weights - you are at the lightest recommended weight.. improvements/drawbacks? Thanks

Thrilium

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 03:01:37 PM »
Well done for checking plug = its funny how we forget to check the obvious sometimes.

How is it running with the light weights - you are at the lightest recommended weight.. improvements/drawbacks? Thanks
With these rollers i got some improvement - it goes much better on hills and better take offs :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()