Author Topic: Scoot didnt start think i need to retime it!!!!  (Read 1028 times)

Kimcofan

• View Profile
Scoot didnt start think i need to retime it!!!!
« on: January 25, 2010, 11:53:21 PM »
My scooter didnt start i dont think i timed it correctly.  Any timing tips i did what the manual said I think i might have been a gear or two off with the timing, I also am not exactly sure where the pointer on the stator (generator) is exactly supposed to be at the 8 on the clock on the diagram on the mark in the middle or 8 oclock based on a real clock

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Scoot didnt start think i need to retime it!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 12:17:35 AM »
Here is a link to a manual that may be better than the one you have.    http://www.kymco.com/download/manual.asp?PM=2&t=29822.73 
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 03:37:02 AM »
That manual wasnt very detailed, maybe i downloaded the wrong one.  The one I downloaded originally was in 18 sections I downloaded every section pretty informative

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 04:03:12 AM »
I just checked the manual I have.  You basically just align the crank to TDC.  There should be a "T" mark on the flywheel which corresponds to an index mark on the crankcase.  Then the cam gear has a hole which should be oriented up, and also two marks at 90 deg. to the hole which should be about at the edge of the head.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 02:11:42 PM »
That manual wasnt very detailed, maybe i downloaded the wrong one.  The one I downloaded originally was in 18 sections I downloaded every section pretty informative

..that 18 section manual is the service manual, and is the one you want...

..and shaka is correct about the TDC and the scribe mark on the flywheel...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()