Author Topic: International Motorcycle Show  (Read 1606 times)

griffon_j9

• View Profile
International Motorcycle Show
« on: January 31, 2010, 04:13:31 AM »
Hi all,

Went to the Motorcycle show today because it was cooooolllldddd today and wanted to do something that reminded me of warmer times.

Stopped at the kymco booth and asked the rep about the Myroad 700i,  He told me that there were no signs of it coming out this year as the economy is doing bad and retooling is also expensive and kymco looks at the bottom line and what is best for them (duhhhh).  He did say that the best thing to do if people at truely interested in it is to email kymco! He actually gets tailies on the emails sent to kymco every month and there are many inquiring about the myroad!! but needs to be a lot more! Soooo if your interested in it, stop waiting and email kymco!! (can you tell I want this scooter? lol )

Of course he also said that he has been surprised by kymco before and that they have released things with out saying anything about it to there reps.  BUTTTT on the other side he said that the engines usually go through months of testing by the goverment for approval, and that has yet to start...  Just thought you would like to know what he told me!

He did say the downtown looks to be an awesome machine coming out here though ;)

later!

P.S. sorry about spelling errors and such.... tired and lazy :p

2010 Red Xciting 500RI  51 MPG so far

axy

• View Profile
Re: International Motorcycle Show
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 11:59:32 AM »
Hi all,

Went to the Motorcycle show today because it was cooooolllldddd today and wanted to do something that reminded me of warmer times.

Stopped at the kymco booth and asked the rep about the Myroad 700i,  He told me that there were no signs of it coming out this year as the economy is doing bad and retooling is also expensive and kymco looks at the bottom line and what is best for them (duhhhh).  He did say that the best thing to do if people at truely interested in it is to email kymco! He actually gets tailies on the emails sent to kymco every month and there are many inquiring about the myroad!! but needs to be a lot more! Soooo if your interested in it, stop waiting and email kymco!! (can you tell I want this scooter? lol )

Of course he also said that he has been surprised by kymco before and that they have released things with out saying anything about it to there reps.  BUTTTT on the other side he said that the engines usually go through months of testing by the goverment for approval, and that has yet to start...  Just thought you would like to know what he told me!

He did say the downtown looks to be an awesome machine coming out here though ;)

later!

P.S. sorry about spelling errors and such.... tired and lazy :p

In Croatia, the number of available models is cut down, so I would say they are doing some kind of internal consolidation.
Btw. in 2009 Kymco sold 570.000 units in the world or one every 55 seconds.
Also, 17 % of Kymco employees work in r&d departments.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

griffon_j9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 05:37:07 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/scootersales#p/u/5/br6LzziLOm8

here is a small video of what your talking about.

I am sure they are exagerating a little but still impressive.

Also here is an 700 video too (I will also post this in the 700 forum)

Kymco Myroad 700i

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 07:28:32 PM »
Anyone got an email address for Kymco?
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

griffon_j9

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 10:36:35 PM »
This is kymco's global site (which I just found and will write asap)
http://www.kymco.com/contact/contact.asp

and this is kymco USA contact page
http://www.kymcousa.com/contact/index_onroad.html

Thanks ^_^

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()