Author Topic: New Scoot Tuesday  (Read 6003 times)

rick71

• View Profile
New Scoot Tuesday
« on: February 07, 2010, 12:31:50 AM »
Well, I took the plunge. I couldn't resist the deal. Red 2009 Xciting 500ri ABS, $5999, no prep or freight charge. I sign the papers and take delivery Tuesday afternoon. This my third scooter from Scooter Superstore. They let me trade my Fly 150 on my 2006 Scarabeo 250, and gave me a great deal on the 250 in the process, and now the great deal on the Xciting. They have stores all over Florida and some in South Georgia. Visit them if you have the chance.

So, I guess I'll be looking for, and pricing, a windscreen, top case, side cases (or bags if I have to) passenger backrest and tunnel bag. Not all at once :-)  Hopefully I'll have most of it by September.

There is a rally in Ocala, Florida March 19-21. Might anyone be going? Hopefully I'll have the new scoot broken in and have the nerve (?) to make the 2 hour ride. Rally web page : http://www.scooterencounter.com
Rick

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: New Scoot Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 03:30:30 AM »
Look thru the search section of the forum for connects. to the parts you want. The 500 is Quite popular. If you find better prices please post the links here for some of the others. Best of it rick!!!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

jan.strydom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 07:38:50 AM »
nice - like the red!!!

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 02:56:44 PM »
Givi D293ST windscreen, TwistedThrottle $142 plus shipping.  I got mine about same price, my dealer ordered it for me and installed it.
Shad makes an inexpensive top box and has a bolt on mount for the X500. Look for an SH37 or SH40.  My dealer stocks them at about $139 for box and $50 for mount.  Check out the web site.
http://www.binetto.com/SHAD-Motorcases/  Web site lists on line dealers.

You will love the X500.  :)

Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

rick71

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 07:59:44 PM »
I looked at the Shad site. I know that Kymco has partnered with Shad. Looked on the page, but the Top Master bracket is listed for the 05-08 models, not the 09. I don't know if that makes a difference.

I'll take a look at Twisted Throttle for the windscreen. I don't know how fast I'll need it until I get the bike... supposedly tomorrow late afternoon :-)
Rick

rick71

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 09:59:00 PM »
I was wondering how everyone gets air into their tires?  On the 600 mile service, I'm going to have L shaped valve stems put in, but I have to figure out how to get an air hose between the disks until then. I should have had the dealer put them in before delivery. It's bad enough on my Scarabeo with 16" wheels. With 15" and 14" wheels and the dual discs... that's going to cause me problems.
Rick

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 10:28:35 PM »
It is a bit of a problem with straight valve stems. There is only one place in town for me to get air... My house. You need to find a place that has a 90 degree adapter on the air hose. I replaced the l stems  w/ straight ones as soon as I changed tires.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

rick71

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 12:36:27 AM »
My dealer said all they would have to do is deflate the tires, push them over and install the new stems and re-inflate the tires. Maybe I can get them replaced earlier than the 600 mile checkup. I might just go looking for something to use at home.
Rick

griffon_j9

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 02:39:21 AM »
sooooo when are we going to get to see pics of this red beauty?  that is my fav bike too, just not in the right place in cash flow to buy it  (well ok the myroad 700i is my most favorite... but as I have yet to see it can't judge it yet lol)

2010 Red Xciting 500RI  51 MPG so far

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 02:47:22 AM »
Home depot has a very good RIGID compressor for $38.00. I even use it with a small gravity fed spray gun for small panels or touch ups. I cut the tire filler off the hose, and installed a Quick Connect so I can change out chucks. The best feature is it has a 20' air hose.

rick71

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 03:02:16 AM »
I took a look at Home Depot online. I didn't see the one you mentioned, but I saw a couple others around that price. I'll probably pick one up this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion.
Rick

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 03:49:54 AM »
I have an air compressor, but I most often use my bicycle floor pump. 

rick71

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 11:28:14 AM »
sooooo when are we going to get to see pics of this red beauty?  that is my fav bike too, just not in the right place in cash flow to buy it  (well ok the myroad 700i is my most favorite... but as I have yet to see it can't judge it yet lol)

I am supposed to pick it up late this afternoon. Hopefully all will go well with prepping it and I'll actually get it today.. I'll take some pics over the next couple of days. I still have to learn how to post them on the forum.
Rick

rick71

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 11:29:37 AM »

I'm lazy. How effort do you have to put in with a floor pump?
Rick

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 05:40:25 PM »

..do you realy????

wow...

...how many pumps for a 130/70-12  ???
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()