Author Topic: Kymco ZX50  (Read 102030 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco ZX50
« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2010, 05:10:23 AM »
I just put the 130 jet in and lowered the needle to the lowest setting, performance is great but noise is still there.
The dogs are our pets but the missus loves obedience and agility with them. Myself I just love them as pets. Yeah I saw the sample, international dogs. I went and got the 140 jet but don't know if it will go with this needle, one way to find out I suppose. I can see some trans. tuning coming up, who knows, that variator I got just may go on yet, it was from scooter assassins so it may be worth a little grinding on the crankcase.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 26, 2010, 05:19:12 AM »
Are there any jets available between 130 & 140?  You may find the magic number in that range.  As for the detonation, you may try running 2 base gaskets, or 2 head gaskets to lower the compression a little.  Otherwise, you may be stuck running super high octane racing fuel.  That's not very economical, or practical!  When you take the head off to check the rings also check the head and piston for any "shiny" spots where they may be touching.  That was the tell tale sign I found with mine.  Mine only made noise at about 3/4 - full throttle.  I think it was both detonation as well as slight contact between the piston and head.  I think I also had 140 psi of compression at the time which was probably attributing to the detonation.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 26, 2010, 05:38:22 AM »
Yeah with the jets they have 132, I think 133, 135 not sure of any others. I don't really want to pull the head again until I can get another head gasket, though I might be tempted on Monday. Cutting an extra base gasket from 0.8mm oil jointing gasket paper should be ok? My noise is coming in at just on back off and slight deceleration.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 26, 2010, 05:42:29 AM »
Ah Hah! If you start fouling plugs it is better than melting pistons. The Ah Hah was for the var. For all you have done it is almost a shame not to fit a good/better part. I still don't see how you found a MAJOR jug kit, got it running, and still haven't melted it into pennies to be. Must be something to do w/ the agility part of it (hate to admit it)  From the older photo of the var. it looked like a 2ish mm grind? Fix the jug kit first tho. Get it reliable, then work on the cvt. Too many irons in the fire only confuses results. Breaking news... My doguppies just won the Intergalactic marathon. W/out $uck boots... Back to the real... TINY is best once you start to grind/fit parts. Get the clearance, and if it is balanced it will fit. 1mm is good for most all parts cold, as the parts heat the tol. will narrow but that is what u want. You are tuning an engine that was made to do one thing, and you are re-setting it to do another thing. The Superfever is a solid base for mods. It's just like the S9 in that they stopped putting them out. WHY WHY WHY F those Min. F those Yam. F those Gir. They ALL need better cranks/conrods. Little baby 10mm pins are sooooo cute! Just don't blow it up Bro!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 26, 2010, 05:54:51 AM »
Yes, I would rather foul plugs than burn a piston, but then I would want to clean that up too. I would love to tune the C.V.T. but not until the engine is sorted. All because the little scooter would start properly. Hmmm, all fun. By the way the original piston/ ring set up the top ring gap was 0.8mm, the bottom was 0.18 with the ring (spacer? expander?) was broken.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 26, 2010, 05:58:47 AM »
Thinner needle. You are narrowing it down. The rappappappa would be on accel if you were too lean on the main. de-accell means too lean in the mid. You want to almost foul when you close the throttle. These are Tiny engines that we are asking rice rocket results from. I play w/ Harley riders most every day. Compare the orig needle to the one you have now, and hopefully the one you get tomorrow. Put the thinnest one in, and I think you will be better. Breaking news......... The ground hog from crow-atia that killed Charlie Gibbson is on the loose. It is suspected he is on an African Airways flight to a Puppy show on the upside down land known to us all as The Grav Boot place!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 26, 2010, 06:02:21 AM »
I dont know what yo mean by this   the bottom was 0.18 with the ring (spacer? expander?) was broken.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 26, 2010, 06:05:33 AM »
So rather than change the needle should I just put the 140 in and leave the needle as is for now and wait and see. The needle in this carb is considerably longer than the one in the original carb.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 26, 2010, 06:07:34 AM »
With the original piston the bottom ring gap was 0.18mm, the bottom ring expander was also broken. No wonder it was reluctant to start sometimes.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 26, 2010, 06:18:12 AM »
Sounds like you had a stock set up? I have not seen an expander on any 50cc piston. In fact I have my orig. piston on my bench as a reminder of what it was. There has been alot of mention of my scoot being an Immigrant . Maybe I should be hauling a$$ to THE motherland. La Cuccaracha aye! What do Canadinites say? Oh yeah... Happy dios de la morte! Or is that French???

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 26, 2010, 06:23:00 AM »
I don't know about the happy dios, maybe that was the honda connection. I'll go outside and put the 140 jet in and see what effect that has.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 26, 2010, 06:27:49 AM »
It was an outside pun. Dios meaning day. Happy day of the dead is the translation I was going for. Get It? Say Knock Knock!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 26, 2010, 06:31:24 AM »
Knock~knock

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 26, 2010, 07:44:00 AM »
Tried the 140 jet with needle at lowest setting, no good, bogging as turn throttle. the best today was 130 jet with needle at second lowest setting which it is at now. on Monday will get 132 &133 jets and see how that goes. The needle in this carb is 56.8mm.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 26, 2010, 09:45:32 PM »
the 133 is my guess. Hey slinger watch this... Who's There?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()