Author Topic: Kymco ZX50  (Read 101986 times)

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: Kymco ZX50
« Reply #300 on: April 13, 2010, 09:19:53 PM »
We ALL need better JOBS!!! Or maybe a benefactor, so as to play scoots all day. While my ex was here I was playing Lamb's in the basement...  Never got the lotion back...
What we need is someone to pay us for playing scoots all day!  Don't you wanna jump on board Slinger?  We're getting all sorts of technical up in this one!

Not sure what lambs in the basement means?  Not really sure I wanna!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 13, 2010, 09:23:20 PM »
Silence of the Lambs... It puts the lotion in the basket! PUT THE F"IN LOTION IN THE BASKET!!! Can't un learn that one...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 13, 2010, 09:33:59 PM »
Oh got ya! :D  Making sure you weren't hiding out in the basement with a bottle of lotion all weekend!!! ;)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 14, 2010, 12:51:52 AM »
G'Day all, Have been at it again, scoot in bits again, I have taken some measurements, about the best I can get so far. I have included a pic. The top numbers are distance from top of port to top of cylinder, The second numbers are the distance from the bottom of the port to top of cylinder, the numbers at the bottom are the port widths (with paper laid out flat), the numbers along side the ports are the pot height and the line through is the piston at 41mm (depending on the base gasket, I think it was the one gasket). You blokes are going to a lot of effort on this and it is much appreciated.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 14, 2010, 01:39:38 AM »
It's no trouble at all sid. This tuning stuff can get disastrous real quick! On the flip side is the reward when you get it right... Now as too getting it right; That jug is a F'ing hand-grenade! The reason it's soo hot is there is no real transfer of gases. It looks to me as if it is more of a re-cycler than a pump! What did you mean by the piston at 41mm ? Is that the piston at bottom dead center? If so I cannot believe it ran at all! Not to scare you after all this work... We have to see where the piston is at BDC
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 14, 2010, 02:43:20 AM »
G'Day zombie, if that is the way it is then so be it. I just hate for you blokes to be going through all this and then scrap it. Yes, that was the piston at b.d.c., so, does this mean start again with a new cylinder?

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 14, 2010, 02:49:16 AM »
Much better measurements!  I got the porting software this evening and I've been trying to figure out how to use it. ;)  Now I have some more numbers to play with.  I also need your deck height to run the numbers.  I did a preliminary run just messing around with your other numbers and it seemed like it was all messed up!  Not to get you too concerned yet, I may have had some numbers wrong, but looking at your BDC, that is about what the software was saying.  I'll play around with the numbers tomorrow evening and let you know what I come up with Sid.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 14, 2010, 03:11:38 AM »
I realise the deck height is the top of the barrel, but in reference to what? I thought it would be the piston @ b.d.c.
Aha, more learning.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 14, 2010, 03:21:12 AM »
The deck height is the distance from the top of the cylinder to the top of the piston (outer most edge).  It is either positive or negative depending if the piston is recessed or sticks out.  Here's a good link again on measuring it and it's importance.  http://www.2strokeheads.com/tech1.htm.  The software tells me where the piston is at BDC by calculating off of the stroke and conrod length. ;)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 14, 2010, 03:45:56 AM »
Thanks Shaka, I didn't get a chance to look at that before, I will get a deck height soon.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 14, 2010, 04:50:24 AM »
Awesome!!! I'm holding my breath! Realy.  I thought there was a pict where the piston was much lower. I'll look again. There is still jope.
l

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 14, 2010, 05:12:01 AM »
With 3 gaskets the deck height is  0.35mm with feelers, b.d.c is  41.7 using digital vernier calipers, these may not be perfect but is about as good as I can get.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 14, 2010, 05:18:37 AM »
Also found a point to check gap between jug and crankcase,  1.05mm.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 14, 2010, 05:21:11 AM »
You're the best Sid!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 14, 2010, 05:25:31 AM »
Well, if it doesnt work, it wont be for a want of trying.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()