Author Topic: Kymco ZX50  (Read 101987 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco ZX50
« Reply #315 on: April 14, 2010, 05:35:17 AM »
It Truely does hurt to say this... I think I/We suggested staying away from unproven parts... There is a tear in my eye~ Something good will come of it tho. IF AT WORST>>> It could be welded, re-sleeved, and made right for about $150.00 bucks. You could run another kit, and work that into exactly what you want. Just if...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 14, 2010, 05:59:32 AM »
Nah, welding and resleeving is a bit more than it is worth. Yes, you did say stay away from unproven products, and as I said, I only have me to blame. It has been fun trying though, worst case I have a large carb and exhaust for a 50.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:44:27 PM by sidthesloth »
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 14, 2010, 12:50:21 PM »
G'Day all, I put the scoot back together without the head gasket, so, with the deck height 0.35mm and head recess of 0.78mm that would be a squish of 1.13mm. Lots of detonation. Went home and pulled it apart again and put the head gasket back in, 0.5mm, detonation is gone again, squish of 1.63. Still lags from 3/4 throttle so will go back to carb and see what I can do there. It hasn't worked out right but is still ongoing.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 14, 2010, 01:39:57 PM »
I'm about to head out to work, but figured I'd check back.  The only question I have is is the .35mm deck height + or -.  Is the head sticking up, or recessed? 

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 14, 2010, 01:56:39 PM »
The piston is .35mm below the top of the cylinder

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 14, 2010, 02:04:07 PM »
Hey Shaka, I am lucky enough to be on my days off, so tomorrow I will be going for a ride, I dont know which way I will go but it will probably be southwest to Port Lincoln, is a nice area.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 12:13:17 AM by sidthesloth »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 14, 2010, 04:34:25 PM »
Your Carb. and pipe will go a long way on another kit so nothing is lost there. Perhaps the seller has some helpfull info on the jug? If you could invite him/her/them to look at the forum, they just may have some valuable input! Maybe?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 14, 2010, 08:59:53 PM »
Hi zombie, would you be able to give me any specifics so I can email him and see how he responds. Now I see why he wanted an oil/fuel ratio of  3/1. I cant afford to buy a brand name one but if I buy one of the cheap ones again I will be asking for a port map first.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 14, 2010, 09:44:05 PM »
If you email the latest port map you did, and explain how the piston is above ALL the port bottoms meaning the ports never fully open. I think he will get it right off the bat. (If he has any understanding of what he is selling) There may well be a needed spacer for the bottom of the jug, and a crank/con rod kit made just for that jug, but as josh is facing the same troubles w/ a supplied crank kit I dont really think that is the case. I think the port map, a http address for your thread, some of the photos you took, and detail all the trouble, and money invested. That should be enough to get a satisfactory response from him. The trouble w/ a prelim port map is you just wont know where they fall w/ out the matching piston actually mounted on your crank. Proven Products Bro! Josh at invasion also runs a shop from his house. Maybe he has a used kit, or a contact who can supply one. His posters are all over the globe as well as here, but they are much more into tuning on invasion, so I believe there would be alot more spare kits to go around from there. I'll PM him right now to see wuz up. One way or another we will get you scootin!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 14, 2010, 10:12:55 PM »
Thanks a lot zombie, I will send him an email, maybe it needs a stroker crank. I am still scootin'.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 14, 2010, 10:28:41 PM »
Sid, If you are looking at getting another kit, here is the one I'm running.  It is cheap relative to some of the other ones on the market, and I know it works! ;)  I'll try to run your numbers through the software in a little bit.  I'm still trying to figure out how it all works!

http://www.mhr-usa.com/index.php?target=mopeds&mode=mopeds_search&subcats=Y&cid=564&moped_brand_id=128&moped_model_id=551

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 14, 2010, 10:41:30 PM »
The BEST one is the Polinni Corsa, Most reliable out of the box is the cast iron Malossi. Shakas kit will rival the Corsa once he tunes it. Shaka Does your GF have a sister?

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 14, 2010, 11:05:48 PM »
The BEST one is the Polinni Corsa, Most reliable out of the box is the cast iron Malossi. Shakas kit will rival the Corsa once he tunes it. Shaka Does your GF have a sister?
I can't speak from experience on the comparison as I've only used the Airsal.  I hear that Corsa is the $h*t though!  She does have a sister, but she's married w/ kids!  Sorry bro!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 15, 2010, 12:53:35 AM »
Thanks for the link Shaka, I left them a message. The only problem is price but will have to see what they charge for shipping.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 15, 2010, 01:46:01 AM »
Steve is the guy you want to talk to.  It is best to call them and talk to him.  Make sure he sends two base gaskets with it.  In my case, I actually needed three, but went with two head & two base.  That is what I'm trying to fine tune now.  I've been playing with your port map in the software.  I finally got it loaded and traced.  It doesn't look as bad as I thought.  It appears that only the exhaust and boost port are not fully exposed at bdc.  It looks like the piston sits right at the base of the transfers.  I'm wondering if you are not getting enough exhaust out and that's why your running so hot?  It may not be the exhaust, but rather the port timing.  I'll keep messing with it.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()