Author Topic: Kymco ZX50  (Read 101971 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco ZX50
« Reply #405 on: April 22, 2010, 02:55:55 AM »
I reckon that formagasket should be good for no gasket. That is one well travelled needle for a ZX50.
Just gotta wait now, gives me a chance to ride the GS500 for a while at least.  :D
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 22, 2010, 02:59:31 AM »
Zombie- if you come through for me again, I owe you huge!!!! ;)  I've been trying to find some 1/16" sheet aluminum to cut my spacer out of.  So far I've lucked out!  Honestly, I haven't looked around locally super hard, been too busy!  

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 23, 2010, 03:22:37 AM »
Just got the phone call, cylinder is done, now to pick it up and see what happens. Make or break time ;)

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 23, 2010, 05:37:49 AM »
Good luck!  I'd put it together and re-take measurements first.  Keep us updated, I'll be around a little tomorrow and then gone for the weekend.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 23, 2010, 06:14:12 AM »
Got My fingers crossed for ya! Shaka I gots a piece for ya! Marine fuel tank, right at .124
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 23, 2010, 06:31:03 AM »
G'Day Blokes, computer is giving a little grief. I did another port map, will attach a photo, piston is now just slightly proud at the front but seems flush at the rear. Piston at B.D.C. is 41.3mm, ex. port is 21.75mm, left trans. ports 30.26, boost port 29.78, right  trans. ports 30.01, these measuerements are from the top of the cylinder to the top of the ports. The transfer ports are slightly above the piston @ B.D.C. I have taken it for a ride and though not getting to top speed as quick it seems to have lost some of that bog above 1/2 throttle. This port map I put the numbers on upside down, oops.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 23, 2010, 06:33:15 AM »
A pic of the cylinder bolted down. It may be that my sanding the spacer was not too good.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 23, 2010, 10:06:59 AM »
I will keep looking around to see if I can find a piece of aluminium about 2.6~2.8mm and cut another spacer. ;D Will get it right sooner or later :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 24, 2010, 02:03:47 AM »
I think the difference is in the compression. You were running a hand-grenade before. What you have now is tuning the jug/head. (jug-head...Ha Ha...) I find it hard to believe that .05mm makes a difference in anything... but it does. By the way I successfully cloned your dogs. I took the dna from the stamp, and transfered it to my female dog, and now have floating AUSI Sheptebullpitpeis. I'm typing slower as one of them has eaten my favorite finger. You ALL know which one! (No offense to anyone, I just thought I needed that one) Guess I really don't.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 24, 2010, 08:05:55 AM »
Yeah, running like that is not good so I will have to either try sanding the spacer or find material for a new one. I have printed the degree wheel but need something to stick it to, will then learn a little about port timing. When I tried to get the flywheel of before I couldnt move it and didn't want to break it so I left it. I then found a flywheel puller on ebay, scooter assassins for $11+ shipping, it is now sitting on my bench. I tried to buy one for the Kawasaki last year and they wanted over $100. Don't we get ripped of here. I will try to keep my fingers intact, I get enough grief from this computer witout losing any finger as well.  ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 24, 2010, 04:45:59 PM »
If your spacer lines up the ports correctly, you may want to add a spacer/thicker gasket to the head.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 24, 2010, 04:48:34 PM »
I forgot to say you don't need to pull the flywheel to use the degree wheel Just extend a paper clip out over it as your indicator. I have heard an old dvd will work for mounting the wheel to also.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 24, 2010, 05:41:55 PM »
I do have another head gasket, came with the piston kit. I was playing with the jet last night and after drilling out my 125 jet too far and soldering it, I got it somewhere between 125 and 130. bog is gone but lacking performance, not bad but could be better. I wont pull the jug just yet, I will try to make another spacer first.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 26, 2010, 02:08:54 AM »
What spacer are you running now?  Was that the 3.0mm one?  What is the deck height.  It looks like it is a little bit negative now, but that may be ok.  Have you taken another squish measurement?  You may be ok on the spacer, however if your trans ports are above the piston at BDC you probably want a thicker spacer in there.  Let me know what the measurements are and I'll run the numbers again.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 26, 2010, 02:43:56 AM »
YOOOOO Da Man Shaka! Would you please be our data base? Just Messin'n... My neighbors chickens are now chasing my dogs! Yankee Irish Catholic/VS: The State O" DDE SoWTH~ Wish me well Yous Guys... Just kidding. It sounded funny to me

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()