Author Topic: Kymco ZX50  (Read 101969 times)

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: Kymco ZX50
« Reply #420 on: April 26, 2010, 02:48:02 AM »
I don't know about that Zombie! 

I'm having enough trouble keeping up with this one!  I'm away for 2 days and there's all sorts of new numbers!  Gotta give the guy credit. . . I know his persistence will pay off!!!  You da man Sid!!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 26, 2010, 02:54:54 AM »
It's like riding a bike BRO! You know
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 26, 2010, 10:46:40 AM »
Go the doggies, don't mind a bit of chicken. Hope you had a good weekend Shaka, (doing night shift myself). With the cylinder he took the 2.76mm off the top, that gave the current port map,I think this one was a little better, you know, practice and all that. The piston is a little high at the front but not at the rear, I suspect my sanding of the spacer was not too good so I will try to get some of the 1.6mm material tomorrow,if that gives a little too much piston at top I can adjust with gasket thickness. I haven't rechecked squish yet, will try to sort the base first. The head recess was 0.78mm, head gasket was 0.5, so that gives me about 1.28mm to work with. On it goes, progress is slow but at least it is progress.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 26, 2010, 08:51:24 PM »
If your jug is tilted AT ALL it will blow the con rod. They are strong, but not bullet proof. w/ the 1.28mm that leaves you .48mm to work with. the #'s are there. Just get the spacer sorted. Maybe sand it square, and use the appropriate gasket. I found it easiest to sand on a Machined table, and use a block to apply pressure to the part. Not my hands.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 26, 2010, 09:16:30 PM »
Yeah, I did use a glass top table but I used my hand for pressure, not a good result.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 26, 2010, 09:19:28 PM »
Oh well Spacer 2.0...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 26, 2010, 09:24:02 PM »
I will see if I can get some of the 1.6mm, take 2 should be better. Have your dogs caught the chooks yet. Dinner time.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 26, 2010, 11:26:51 PM »
Actually ! of them has just passed from PARVO. They all have their shots, and the Vet informed me that where I live is literally a death zone for dogs as MOST of my redneck neighbors NEVER bring their dogs for shots, and the virus has the chance to thrive, and mutate. My second pup is also ill at the moment. Makes me want to start a Bio War up in here. I'm not just talking about the neighborhood being lax on dog care, but the entire beer drinking/truck driving county. Oh well. Is there an anthrax store near you? I'm having no luck finding any.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 27, 2010, 12:54:43 AM »
That is sad to hear, they say a dog is a mans best friend and I must agree, hope your pups come out ok.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 27, 2010, 01:33:06 AM »
Sorry to hear that Zombie!!! I hope your other pup all the best as well!!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 27, 2010, 01:52:56 AM »
Thanks guys! Sorry to bum out the thread.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 29, 2010, 11:23:13 AM »
G'Day, back again, been a little busy but I have now got the material for "spacer 2.0", have marked it out, just have to drill and cut it when I get a chance, unfortunately it may be a few days, I have just given the Boulevard an oil change, I have the GS in pieces trying to fit a luggage rack which seems to have the supplied brackets for a Ducatti Monster, go figure, have just put a new tyre on the Ninja, stayed with the Dunlop GT301 as have had no problems with this tyre yet, it exceeds my riding style and also that of my wife. Over the weekend I will have to pull the ninja apart to fix a couple of oil leaks, so will replace the plugs and check valve clearances while I am there. We picked up a luggage rack for the Ninja on ebay which has gone on Quite well, (this one is not for a Ducatti). This must be one of the longest welcome threads yet?? :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 29, 2010, 02:31:29 PM »
I do believe you are right Sid!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 29, 2010, 03:32:57 PM »
...sorry to hear about your doguppies z......
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 29, 2010, 07:41:43 PM »
One passed, and one made it. Thanks Bro!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()