Author Topic: Kymco ZX50  (Read 101968 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco ZX50
« Reply #435 on: May 02, 2010, 07:11:22 AM »
Have now cut spacer 2.0, will strip the scoot tonight and hopefully get it right this time.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 02, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
 :) I have finally got around to doing this job, hopefully it will be alright. When I removed the cylinder I saw that the cylinder was showing signs of heat again, (I was hoping that would have been sort out by raising the cylinder). With the 1.6mm spacer and 3x 0.4mm gaskets, (1 below spacer and two above) the deck height was 1.2mm and the transfer ports were close to flush, by my eye anyway, with 1 head gasket the squish measurement was 0.4mm, with 2 head gaskets the squish measurement was 0.87mm, so finally I have got it close to right. At B.D.C. the piston was slightly above the bottom of the exhaust port but I wouldn't think it would cause any restriction, the inlet port was still not fully exposed, I hope this won't affect it too much. Now for the tease, I have not started it yet as it was getting a bit late to stir up the neighbours (though some I would gladly stir). I have to go over to Port Pirie tomorrow so I won't be able to start it until tomorrow afternoon or night. Then I will have to go back to the jets again. Then it will be onto the C.V.T.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 02, 2010, 04:07:19 PM »
All the #'s sound right Sid! Keep the plug indexed, run Hi test fuel, and keep your fingers crossed. Jetting should finish up any rough edges. You may want to look into aome colder plugs too. The difference is un believeable. If the kit is still running hot after this set up colder plugs will get the temp. down, and the power up. Holding my breath...Z
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 02, 2010, 05:12:53 PM »
Sounds like you may have gotten it!  The exhaust port not being fully exposed is not an issue.  When you say the inlet port is not fully exposed either are you referring to the transfers or the boost?  It's alright if the boost is not fully exposed either.  The ones you want right at the piston are the transfers.  I sure hope this one works, I'll be holding my breath as well!  Don't wait too long Zombie and I may die!! ;)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 02, 2010, 07:57:28 PM »
Turning blue now...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 02, 2010, 08:54:11 PM »
Sorry guys, 6:00am now, waiting for sunup to leave for port pirie, (dont want to hit a roo on a bike, that could be very scary, sore and expensive). the plug is indexed, I have one that is right on its own. If we get enough time on the way home we will make a detour and go through Port Germain Gorge and Horrock's Pass and take some pics. That is a very nice ride. Blue is not so bad, you gotta watch out for the purple. Will report back at the end of the day. Yes the transfer ports are flush, to my eye anyway, but probably not if measured correctly. Heres to hoping.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 02, 2010, 11:53:46 PM »
Can't quite tell for sure, might pass out on the way to the mirror, but I'm feeling . . . Purple. . .   :-X

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 03, 2010, 01:01:33 AM »
What is the difference between pink and purple?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 03, 2010, 01:33:47 AM »
Genetics?

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 03, 2010, 01:37:04 AM »
Nah mate, the grip!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 03, 2010, 01:39:19 AM »
I should have thought more about it. Just scared of what I may have thought. That one got me!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 03, 2010, 09:50:58 AM »
Finally, I have started it and taken it for a ride, it does seem more responsive but suffers a lot of top end bog, over half throttle. Tomorrow I will try a smaller jet and raise the needle, maybe now get some good results. A big thank you to you blokes for all your help, it has been invaluable.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 03, 2010, 11:33:12 AM »
It's no trouble at all Sid. Be careful as the bog may be too lean also. Another factor could be the heat in the cly. goes up w/ rpms. Once you get the direction for the jetting right, you may want to look into the spark plug heat range. The correct plug makes a world of difference. (a few more mph) I am REALLY stoked for you tho Bro! You have done more work on that one scoot than I have on the past three I built. Congrats! Hey ps. I sure would like to see a video of that jammer working...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 03, 2010, 11:41:02 AM »
Yeah mate, will see what we can do about a vid.  the past week or so I have been playing with the jet and needle and it seemr to be too rich, if I raise the needle 1 notch it bogs in the mid. so try a smaller jet. This started since raising the jug. Amazing how so many things affect each other, but it is all to work in concert.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 03, 2010, 11:50:49 AM »
You,re the man! Any zx ?'s I'm gonna refer to you and Shaka! I'm glad you live sooo far away... I'd be embarrassed to get my but wooped by a China kit! I guess it now deserves the name Thunder Dragon. When I do retire this engine I just may try one of those "grenades" out!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()