Author Topic: Kymco ZX50  (Read 101960 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco ZX50
« Reply #450 on: May 03, 2010, 11:59:32 AM »
Mate, in a word, don't touch. If it lasts a year, bonus, if it blows and takes my crank with it I wont be happy but I will be wiser. The carb kit seems ok, but I have no experiencd to base that on, it did have the inlet manifold and throttle cable with it so it was a complete kit.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 03, 2010, 11:59:34 PM »
...thunder dragon...

..coool...

...i think a vid from sid is in order...

???
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 04, 2010, 12:00:56 AM »
Appreciate the heads up! I was just trying to make you feel better about it! Na, Really tho, I think if you new what to expect from the jump, it would have been much easier. I imagine tho it wound up costing the same/more than a top shelf kit.?. Just can't wait to here the post telling about how you whooped a '67 GTO from the light!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 04, 2010, 12:07:17 AM »
...thunder dragon...

..coool...     There is a post on Scoot Invasion where Josh is trying to sort out the same jug. Dio burnout's wife reads some Cantonese/Mandarin and translated the symbols on the base of the jug to be Thunder Dragon. Funny thing is I posted this thread there, and NO ONE replied. People who seem to have a lot to say about nothing, tend to say nothing about alot! I'll just let sids results sit here!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 04, 2010, 12:09:38 AM »
...'nuff said..........

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 04, 2010, 12:28:06 AM »
I'm very happy for you Sid!!!!!  It sounds like it is running and not detonating!?  How is the improvement over stock, acceleration/top speed?  I'm sure you'll most likely need to do the reduction gear swap to get the full potential out of it!  Now on to carb and cvt tuning!  The fun never stops!!! ;D

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 04, 2010, 01:11:04 AM »
It is going ok, the jet is way out. tried a 120, no good, tried 130, worse so went back to scratch and put in the 107 that came with the carb and it runs ok but needs more. So, back to the carb tuning. I do have some 5 and 6 gram rollers to play with. will find out about det. when I get the jet sorted. Cheers guys, I hope it to be leaving teenage tossers in their Commodores at the lights.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 04, 2010, 01:13:20 AM »
...wtf is a commodore??...

..or a tosser for that matter...lol...

???

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 04, 2010, 01:23:36 AM »
A Commodore is a Holden sedan, Holden is the Australian arm of Chev. A tosser is a wanker, dickhead, numnuts, insert your choice.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 04, 2010, 01:27:15 AM »
LMAOROF!!!! ;D

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 04, 2010, 01:27:28 AM »
...lmao..okay...

...i'm culturaly challenged, you'll have to forgive me for that....

...a commodore sounds like an oldsmobile here...

..grampa's car...  :D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 04, 2010, 02:22:13 AM »
Where's calothrix? We need a limyologist to translate! Have you tried melting solder into the larger jet to re- size it. I use welding torch tip cleaners to size whatever I need. There are some older posts w' the info/equip. needed. If you don't want to bother soldering them the tip cleaners will cut the brass by hand, and you can go up 1 step at a time till you nail it. I have no clue what size my jets are now but I could tell you which cleaner I used...

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 04, 2010, 03:41:53 AM »
dickhead, numnuts,

Aussie, Brit, Yank, Reb.......no translation needed here!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 04, 2010, 04:08:55 AM »
Cheers zombie, I have soldered and drilled the jets before, I don't use a stove, just a plain old soldering iron. My 125 jet has been drilled and soldered so that will be the one I will use. I just tried the 5 gram rollers, no good, engine screaming and still no power, jets come first but there was a lot of detonation on the last ride. When I took the 5 gram rollers out to try the 6, the radial lines I put on the variator still had a little over 2mm left there so not closing fully, top speed was 80kmh. I will see how the 6 gram ones go tonight.
With regards to the detonation I am thinking of removing one head gasket, though will have to check for clearance. Hopefully the jug won't need to be adjusted anymore. :) Still waiting for the scooter to try to throw me on my arse :D Maybe soon.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 04, 2010, 04:54:28 AM »
With regards to the detonation, I'm wondering what your compression ratio is?  I have had this feeling all along that the shape/size of the combustion chamber is not suitable and the cause of your detonation.  I read somewhere about how to properly measure your combustion chamber volume using a burette, some oil, and a piece of glass.  I'll look into that and get back with you.  In the mean time it seems that removing a head gasket will be counter productive.  But hey, at this point anythings worth a shot! ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()