Author Topic: Kymco ZX50  (Read 101943 times)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco ZX50
« Reply #555 on: May 28, 2010, 11:35:28 AM »
Yeah, I think tomorrow will be the day, hope it's not too much damage. I will put the new springs in as well so will have a look over the clutch I am at it.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 28, 2010, 08:02:58 PM »
Sounds like a plan my man! Just noticed there are 555 posts on this thread. The biggest one I know of... Ta Da~   (that's bait for Axy) "biggest"
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 28, 2010, 08:25:19 PM »
Yep, a bit overboard, must be the longest intro thread. will start a new one for other bits.
Ah, that would be 557 now. G'Day Axy.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 28, 2010, 08:30:38 PM »
It's all good sid! Hows the scoot running? I missed a few days, and am still playing catch up. What is the current set up on the jug?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 28, 2010, 08:41:34 PM »
I have raised the jug a little and got a compromise between port height and head spacer, there is some detonationat backoff, currently running a BR9HS plug but have not yet indexed it. Scoot is running ok but still a little bog over 3/4 throttle, that reduced when I dropped the needle to the lowest setting so am thinking of using a smaller jet (more chops). The only problem with the needle in this position is less control with throttle it is more on/off at low to mid speed cruising, (thinking smaller jet, higher needle).
Has been running ok though, will check out the clutch today and put in the sliders, that should put a smile on my face. :)
Have been meaning to update the 82cc upgrade thread too, just have to take a pic of the current port map/position and get some details together, I have a bad habit of not documenting things as I go.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 29, 2010, 02:17:18 AM »
(thinking smaller jet, higher needle). That's the ticket!              I don't take picts. of ANYTHING, unless I have to

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 29, 2010, 03:33:56 AM »
Yeah, but if I could learn to write down details as I go along it would be easier to pass any info on.
I put in the Dr. Pulleys this morning, and just as well I did, the belt was pretty knackered. Fractures along the edges, and some separation between the fabric and the outer layer of rubber/nylon (whatever it is). I didn't do the clutch springs because I have to make a spanner and clamp to open it up. A 39mm spanner? not in my tool kit but I reckon I do have some 2"x1/4" flat bar laying around somewhere. The ratcheting noise was nothing to do with the clutch or bearings thankfully.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 29, 2010, 11:02:02 AM »
Have rejetted, somewhere between 120-130, used tip cleaner files to open it out. Raised needle to middle position now have more throttle with slight bog at top so may need to lower needle a notch.
Still don't seem to have the power to drive through the variator opening so any ideas on increasing torque through cylinder adjustment? Raise or lower, would either of those work? Otherwise I guess
I will need a stiffer torque spring. Am I thinking along the correct lines? or am I off into the wilderness?
I think todays carb adjustment has had the best result of late. :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 30, 2010, 02:31:39 AM »
A stiffer torque spring, and fly springs on the clutch to delay the roll. Your rpms need to be in the power band to get a great takeoff. Man I would sure love to get a ride on your scoot. Once it is all dialed in try to find a stock version to ride, and you will realize how far it has come.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 30, 2010, 03:26:26 AM »
There is still a long way to go, just can't seem to get the high revs. A couple of days ago I ordered a torque spring 1000 from daywot in hawaii. But I still haven't got a spanner or clamp to open the clutch yet. I reckon the existing torque spring is worn as it is not pulling the belt tight as quickly as I think it should, remembering that I have no experience with these. When I put the variator back on this morning it took several rotations to pull the belt.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 30, 2010, 03:32:05 AM »
...i gotta design of tool that you can make, or have made for you...for th' clutch...

.there's pics around here somewhere...

When I put the variator back on this morning it took several rotations to pull the belt.

..that would be normal...

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 30, 2010, 03:35:21 AM »
Cheers that would be good, thanks. Where would I find it. Hang on,,, try that search thing ey...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 30, 2010, 03:37:36 AM »
...they're probably hidden within another post...

:-\

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 30, 2010, 03:40:14 AM »
..this is it...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 30, 2010, 03:54:17 AM »
Excellent, that is really good. Do you have a lathe or did you get it machined, also, what is the thickness and what does the pin push on?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()