Author Topic: Kymco ZX50  (Read 101941 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco ZX50
« Reply #585 on: June 06, 2010, 02:52:27 AM »
God speed Mrs. Sidthesloth! You guys will have a ball riding together. A stiffer contra spring will maintain the lower gearing, and stiffer fly springs will delay the roll until you have some power. You are on the right track.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 06, 2010, 04:05:40 AM »
Cheers zombie, mrs. sid passed the test and is now a licensed rider. I realise this is a bad time for you, I dont know what to say. Look after yourself.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 06, 2010, 04:19:40 AM »
Congrats! Now you guys can spend every waking moment together! YEAY... Thanks Bro!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 06, 2010, 04:20:54 AM »
Now you guys can spend every waking moment together! YEAY

..that's always a PLUS!!...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 09, 2010, 11:24:13 AM »
G'day all, the ongoing saga of a cheapy cylinder kit. Tonight I took the cylinder off again and removed 1 gasket, 0.4mm, and used sealant on all gaskets, the change was not really noticeable by the eye but it still seems to go pretty well though not as good as I had hoped. the piston had burnt oil residue down the skirt on the exhaust side but not on the inlet side, I have cleaned this up and reused the piston, still saving the new one for later. looking at jug/casing matching I used my spacer to see how much difference and was surprised to see that the transfer ports are pretty well right but the inlet or boost is only a tiny slot in the crankcase compared to the cylinder, would this be worth cutting out to suit the cylinder? I don't know if this is only necessary with the boost port or just the transfer ports.
A little bad news is that the rubber mounting for the carb has fractures in it, doesn't seem to be leaking but that is a matter of time I guess. I will run like this for a while and see how it goes and will change to 7 gram rollers in a few days once I have gotten used to it as is now.
WOW,,, a long post for a long thread. :D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 10, 2010, 04:52:15 AM »
Some say the boost /aux. port is not important, but any flow into the cyl. is a plus. The factory cut out is tiny. If I ever take this engine off the cases are first on the list. I would get that mount asap cause you don't need an air leak to blow it now.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 10, 2010, 05:26:39 AM »
I must say that matching the jug and cylinder made a noticeable improvement!  It didn't really give me much top end, but he low and mid range was much improved!  It is my understanding that the boost port is fairly important to the scavenging/filling of the cylinder.  The stock cut-out is tiny in comparison to my cylinder and I think yours is even bigger Sid!  I had to open up the boost as well as match one side of the transfers to the cylinder.  Then match the other side of the transfers to the jug. 

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 10, 2010, 07:40:40 AM »
Yeah, I will send an email to Carlos, (the seller of the cylinder kit, exhaust and carb/inlet kit and see if he at least offers a free replacement tube/mount.
With regards to the ports, the transfer ports in the crankcases seem to be as large as the cylinder ports. With the boost port if I was to cut it out would it be a matter of tapering it towards the bottom or would it be a case of cutting it right the way down to the bottom? I wouldn't be doing it unless I took the engine out and dismantled the whole unit.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 11, 2010, 04:07:43 AM »
Well, riding the scoot this morning going to work I was impressed, it is not race winning performance but is certainly better for riding. Now to try the 7 gram rollers! :-)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 11, 2010, 04:08:35 AM »
...morning...dang......i gotta go to bed....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 11, 2010, 05:10:49 AM »
But.... its only 2:40pm.:)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 11, 2010, 07:51:03 PM »
The best approach is to open it straight down. if you are going to do it I would do it all the way. Like shaka said it will make a difference.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 11, 2010, 09:06:05 PM »
Yeah, I thought so, I think that would be a job for when the engine is stripped, I wouldn't like to try it with the crankshaft still in there. I emailed Carlos about the carb mount and his reply was the usual crap, "never had a complaint, selling for 20 years. Must have over tightened the clamps." Wouldn't come to the party with a free replacement, I asked if he would replace it as a warranty item. Oh well, can only try.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 12, 2010, 03:45:57 PM »
This fella should come off the High Horse, and help a brother out. Has he seen what you have gone thru here? He never had a problem cause most people probably walk away. If you want to pm me his email, i could try a sympathy note to him. I'm sure he made enough to cover the cost of 1 boot!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 12, 2010, 08:47:12 PM »
Cheers zombie, I will try him again but will probably just have to buy one from him. We do have a bike wrecker in town so I was thinking of taking the boot out there and see if they have any the same diameter.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()