Author Topic: Kymco ZX50  (Read 102048 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco ZX50
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2010, 04:55:11 PM »
No trouble at all. It may be the quickest route. I can post it out before noon Sat., and make it express mail. I'll Pull what i have, and give you some #'s on size
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2010, 09:00:35 PM »
Thank you very much, how will I pay for them? I can do paypal or internet bank transfer. our local shop opens in about 1 hour, it is now 7:30 Saturday morning.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »
Wow!!! It's 4:55 pm Fri. It'll only cost me a few $ to post it out. Just pay it on to someone there that needs batteries for their Gravity boots. My email is in the members section, Just email an address, and I'll get out what I have in the morning. I always wanted to say this... G'Day Mate! Ps What is the length of the needle in your carb now.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2010, 10:55:28 PM »
G'Day zombie, the needle length is 31mm, part? no. is KT90.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2010, 11:05:26 PM »
Hi, now I will go and reduce the size of the jet and try to raise the needle a little, then I can do some runs and see how the plug goes, hopefully.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2010, 11:23:00 PM »
I' got it here. I didn't check the email yet so just be sure to post me a post. I'll tape the E clip to a card so it wont get lost. Hope it does the trick.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2010, 02:10:12 AM »
Hi zombie, I have sent the email, I think I got it right, (computers are a bit of a mystery to me).I tried to drill into the slide a little to adjust the pin, it did make a difference but so slight. I resoldered the jet and got it to about 0.85mm, it is rideable so I held it full open and took the plug out when I got back, (didn't take the tool kit with me, was still sitting in the shed from having the bucket out). I took some photos of the plug, but again they are not much good.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2010, 02:21:02 AM »
To do a proper plug chop you need to warm up the scoot.  Put a brand new plug in and go for about a 1 km ride using only the throttle position you are checking for, in your case WOT.  While still running at WOT hit the kill switch and come to a stop while still holding the throttle at WOT.  Once the engine completely stops you can let go of the throttle.  Take your test plug out and put your other plug back in and ride home.  On the test plug you are actually looking for the color of the about 1mm wide ring on the insulator down on the inside almost all the way in.  It can be hard to see you may need a flashlight to get a good look.  That ring should show a nice caramel brown against the white porcelin.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2010, 02:30:15 AM »
OK thanks for that shaka, my first time doing this, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2010, 03:00:09 AM »
Thanks Shaka! Sid, I have one of those Xpensive cameras w/ all the do this do that settings, and my picts. come out the same as yours. My buddy has a pink do nothing but snap cameras, and his picts post like they are from NASA. Heres a link to what the plug should look like. http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:GWxVkWUBzb4J:www.paradrenalin.com/Spark%2520Plug%2520Color%2520Chart.pdf+spark+plug+color+chart&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESij0N5FFPocWiwf4VDFupy6mWSfW6Y9XR0I_Ymp64WOx9D72jUqD0kdOAEnh0fH7FRyozRn6oa_BFhYYouLdpfkta1EnqOVruCfhs02ooOG3qCxPLQkfktjuf4Q_pCJn7iBOWun&sig=AHIEtbQIrrHzVlFaomFOfOEef_UncivxVg   Follwo shaka's advice for each "chop", and at different ranges of the throttle, and you can DIAL in the carb. Bad news is untill you get a stable set up, and all your parts installed you will be doing it again. I have tried to replicate parts from one bike to another but have ALWAYS found they must be tuned to the specific bike. I got the email, and the needle will be there asap. Just don't get hasty, it's like learning to walk... One step at a time!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2010, 03:01:52 AM »
Forgot to say the plug looked ok from what I could see. Turn the tip towards the camera, so we can see the insulter. How did it feel on the ride?

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2010, 03:14:53 AM »
It's all a learning process!  I was in your shoes less than 1 year ago!  By the end of it all, which is never by the way, you'll be a pro and can pass along the good advice!
 Ps. from what I can see, I would concur w/ Zombie and say your plug looks ok.  As long as it's not white or grayish!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2010, 07:01:59 AM »
Yeah, tomorrow I will warm her up and put the new plug in and see what it looks like. on the ride it felt ok, a little slow but not bad. I see the seller of the cylinder kit also sells carbs and exhausts as well. after fiddling with the engine today I managed to wire up the high beam dimmer switch and put in the halogen bulb as well. just to stray off subject a little, (still on scooter though).

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2010, 07:43:40 AM »
Now you can say been ther done that, A spelt ther lik it sonded!

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2010, 12:14:43 AM »
Righto Blokes, here we have my very first proper plug chop, (by these photos you can see why they wouldn't hire me as a photogrpher), I used my mobile phone for these pics. The ride was 1.2 km. To me the plug looks clean but I think the ride should have been a touch longer but you can still see the colour. Here are the pics.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()