Author Topic: Kymco ZX50  (Read 101937 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco ZX50
« Reply #615 on: June 14, 2010, 02:27:18 AM »
Same ENGINE! I have a link for the gates kevlar, as the malossi was not in stock ANYWHERE at a reasonable cost. http://www.powersportsmax.com/product_info.php/products_id/14054   40 bucks, and free shipping. Since the scoot has sat I would go straight into the carb, and cvt.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 14, 2010, 02:33:10 AM »
...good site!!

..i didn see the A50 there...

..SEE!!!.. NOBODY KNOWS WHAT BELT FITS!!!

..i got the 748-18-28...

..it is too long...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 14, 2010, 04:58:54 AM »
http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/kymcoagility50.html   There are still more sites that say that is the size, but if you say it is too long I am sure it is. Heres one showing a 669mm. I followed it around for awhile, and i seems that is the correct size.http://www.scootertronics.com/13hipeup.html   Just scroll the link to the belts, and the link for the gates belt has the size.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 21, 2010, 12:22:09 AM »
G'day all, last night I put the BR9HS plug back in and indexed it using a coke can of all things,the detonation is reduced quite a bit but still there. Next weekend is my weekend off so I will start playing around with the cylinder again and look at noitching the piston. My last adjustment of the cylinder (removal of 0.4mm base gasket) increased the compression enough to regain the speed I lost through the torque spring, at the expense of having the detonation. Any advice on this would be appreciated.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 21, 2010, 10:30:16 PM »
Im Thinking the pie wedge starting dead center, and going .5mm deep to the edge, and just as wide as the exhaust port. You can use an 1/8" drill bit too dimple the edge as well. Perhaps 4-5 tiny dimples. They will hold oil, and give you a much cooler exhaust. Just for kicks try a NGK BP 9 HS plug (indexed) It is half as long, and works GREAT for me. PS You can cut the wedge w/ a dremel tool, and a barrel bit. It won't take 5 minutes to do. Start FLUSH, and cut deeper to the edge

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 22, 2010, 12:04:18 PM »
Thanks a lot for that zombie, I will do that on the weekend, rain forcast for Saturday so a good way to pass the day. Need scoot for work until Friday. Given that the exhaust port is oval shape should I cut to the full width or just to the initial opening. MMM, RD 250, been interested in one of those for a while now, Red Book value is about $300, try to find one in the real world for under $2,000 and you are doing well. About a year ago I thought I found one in a scrap yard but when I had a look it turned out to be a Honda MVX 250, I knew nothing about them and after looking on the interweb I found out some interesting things about them. A vee triple with two different piston sizes, that was very intriguing. Unfortunately I let it get away, there was a lot missing from the engine and they are very hard to find parts for so it was probably for the best in the long run. Maybe find a Yamaha RD or RZ sometime. But, stay with the scoots for now.  :)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 23, 2010, 12:55:44 PM »
Question for you zombie, with plug indexing I have been lining up the electrode gap toward the outside of the cylinder. As you said to point it towards the exhaust port I figured that was the way to go. Looking at the cyl. head the plug goes in the side of the dome, so, I was just wondering how it would go with pointing the gap to the centre of the combustion chamber? Any ideas?

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 23, 2010, 01:44:42 PM »
I'll chime in Sid.  I believe you have an offset spark plug hole that is off of center towards the boost port, but angled so the tip of the plug points towards the exhaust port.  What you want to do is align the opening of the electrode towards the exhaust port.  The curved metal electrode should point right at the exhaust port.  You head design as well as indexing the plug all help to direct the "flash front" of the mixture towards the exhaust port so it can easily exit the cylinder without hitting a wall and bouncing back to pre-ignite the next incoming charge of air/fuel.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 23, 2010, 02:01:57 PM »
If I read it right, the opening of the plug or the gap is pointed at the rear cyl. wall or into the squish band (or murder zone :) ). Am I reading this wrong?

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 25, 2010, 11:43:16 AM »
Going to work last night on the section of road with 100kmh speed limit Isaw a tail light in the distance, wound him in and passed by in flying style. Was a bloke who works on the same shift as me on his ZX50 (fully restricted). Wow, glad those days are gone. :) :)

art

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 25, 2010, 04:29:33 PM »
You may have a new best friend Ha!,Tell him you will work for beer!
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 25, 2010, 11:23:31 PM »
When I started with these upgrades I was telling him about them but he didn't seem interested. 50kmh, in a 100 zone, no thanks. :)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 25, 2010, 11:28:26 PM »
..i hear y' brother!!

..i'm less of a traffic hazard if i'm keeping up...

..less likely to be run over by some idiot on their cell...

art

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 25, 2010, 11:28:43 PM »
Ya I felt like a target not being able to go at least 50mph,to scary for me!
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 25, 2010, 11:30:31 PM »
..that's what i like about this ppl 50...

..it's a non-issue now...

;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()